• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's beautiful. It matches the HDS aesthetic so well that I'd never even question it being an official product. Bravo sir.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that both Henry and I are VERY impressed. I showed Henry the photos and videos today.
If Simon isn't careful, he will get hit over the head and wake up chained to a table at HDS working a new job!

Very well done sir! You have impressed Henry, and I can say that that is not an easy thing to do!:thumbsup::twothumbs

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, unprofessional Lux tests show the HDSRB doubled the candela with the 5000k 219c limited edition LED (4 o'clock high)

Price looks like it will be about $250, with the reflector making up at least half of the costs. Quality optics arent cheap, especially if it's not off the shelf. I'm trying to decide if I should do preorder/ deposit or just an interest lost, once I figure that out we'll get the ball rolling.

Conservative estimate is 8 weeks for production.

Cool, that is, with Osram lux will increase 4 times (if he increased 2 times in a standard reflector). 8 weeks, it's pretty fast. My participation is unfortunately canceled, now I have to sell all my lights except SF G2. I can participate again only after 3-3.5 months minimum. If someone needs help replacing the LED with Osram, I'll help you with no problems.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that both Henry and I are VERY impressed. I showed Henry the photos and videos today.
If Simon isn't careful, he will get hit over the head and wake up chained to a table at HDS working a new job!

Very well done sir! You have impressed Henry, and I can say that that is not an easy thing to do!:thumbsup::twothumbs

An EPIC compliment and well deserved. If your not careful this could wind up on the " custom " page...........:D

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very well done sir! You have impressed Henry, and I can say that that is not an easy thing to do![emoji106]:twothumbs

I'm honored! and quite queasy now at the thought of not meeting his expectations now :eek:

Last edited:

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Just curious, will this work with both Rotary and Clicky? Will it obey the Elf if asked to program the light to another configuration?

This should work with any Acme HDS, as it will only replace the original bezel and reflector.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first saw this project I thought it was cool but way too expensive for me. Dang it's a beautiful product though. If I only do the 50% deposit now and pay the rest in 8 weeks it only seems half as expensive, right?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an e-mail for a gift card after I ordered.....? What is this...?

Karl

In order to accommodate those that prefer paypal for online purchases I was forced to set the preorder up as a gift card, paypal does not like preorders.

How to get yours :In accordance with Paypal terms regarding pre-orders, you are purchasing a gift card to reserve your HDSRB (approximately 8 week lead time). For your convenience, you have the choice of paying 50% of the total price or 100% of the total price now (not including shipping). Once ready to ship, those with gift cards will receive an email and have access to redeem them for the HDSRB. Shipping will be charged while redeeming your gift-card.

Latest posts