The longest throwing LED flashlight in the world (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the P7 is so large and has four distinct points of light it does rather poorly behind an aspheric. When placing them behind the 52mm aspherics they look terrible.
It is horrible behind a normal aspheric but my optional diffused aspheric blends the four spots into one. Albeit with less throw.

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK guys I have been rethinking a lot of things. First off if anyone still wants on the "list" I will continue to take names. But... you will be put on the list for the next run with one possible exception. Since making lights is all I do to make a "living" I have to attempt to keep money coming in. So I may draw on the second run list if the new project is not ready by the time I run through the current list for the DEFT. So you can get on the list now but do so with the understanding that it could be quite some time.

Another note for those who are currently waiting in line to receive their lights. I was having a conversation with KarltheV the other day and something he said made me stop and reconsider how I went about the DEFT design wise. He probably does not realize it as it happened later as I was reviewing the conversation in my head. I decided to see if I could redesign how everything is mounted and make it easier to produce. So I have redesigned it and am guessing it will save me about 8 hours of build-time per light! Just an estimate at this point as I have not had a chance to make one with the new design yet(just finished it last night). There should not be a long wait before I start getting them out with the new design as it will work with the existing base pieces of copper that I have. I will post pictures as soon as I have something to show you. What this will mean for you is that you will get your lights sooner as I can build them faster. I have not compromised the heat path or design functionality at all so don't worry there. I will also fully support those who have the original design. So no worries there either. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks everyone. -Michael

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw Lux's reveiw.

Please put me on the list :twothumbs

P.S. Never heard of this light before, love these types of lights :naughty:

Any hint at what the new project is?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw Lux's reveiw.

Please put me on the list :twothumbs

P.S. Never heard of this light before, love these types of lights :naughty:

Any hint at what the new project is?

Will do.:thumbsup: I think I mentioned before it will be a smallish EDC and true to form will be very high output. I didn't name my company OMG Lumens for nothing!

wolfstyle

Enlightened
did you receive my payment? I noticed that the list hadn't been updated. I know you probably did just want to make sure.

wolfstyle

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
This evening I was trick-or-treating with my son and I took 4 lights with me. One being the DEFT. Transportaion was a breeze with the Pelican Case. The place we were out at this evening did not have street light. It was very dark with long streets. The DEFT performed like a champ!! All the lights I brought were very bright but the DEFT was the hit of the evening. The throw was seemingly endless. Wow, I had people coming up to me all evening asking me what in the hell is that?!?! Haaa, I was/am a proud flashaholic and proud owner of the DEFT. I have said it before and I will say it again, fantastic build, fantastic light, fantastic builder.
Mike would you please put me down for what will be my 3rd DEFT in the 2nd DEFT run.

Thank you,

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This evening I was trick-or-treating with my son and I took 4 lights with me. One being the DEFT. Transportaion was a breeze with the Pelican Case. The place we were out at this evening did not have street light. It was very dark with long streets. The DEFT performed like a champ!! All the lights I brought were very bright but the DEFT was the hit of the evening. The throw was seemingly endless. Wow, I had people coming up to me all evening asking me what in the hell is that?!?! Haaa, I was/am a proud flashaholic and proud owner of the DEFT. I have said it before and I will say it again, fantastic build, fantastic light, fantastic builder.
Mike would you please put me down for what will be my 3rd DEFT in the 2nd DEFT run.

Thank you,
Wow! You really are enjoying that thing. I put you down for one on the second run. By that time it will have another trick up its sleeve.:naughty:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! You really are enjoying that thing. I put you down for one on the second run. By that time it will have another trick up its sleeve.:naughty:
Yes I really am enjoying the light. Looking forward to the trick up its sleeve!!!!

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have been following this light for some time and wanted one, but did not get around to order it. Your closing for orders was a bit of s scare:mecry:.

Now that your have opened again, I will put in the order immediately:

DEFT with R2 WH, Carbon bezel and Pelican case, international shipping.

I am also interested in a MC-E (with as many lumens as possible) and diffuser lens.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been following this light for some time and wanted one, but did not get around to order it. Your closing for orders was a bit of s scare:mecry:.

Now that your have opened again, I will put in the order immediately:

DEFT with R2 WH, Carbon bezel and Pelican case, international shipping.

I am also interested in a MC-E (with as many lumens as possible) and diffuser lens.
OK I will put you on the list. You do realize this is for the second run and it may be awhile right? Just checking. Thank you.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK since you've rethought things I'll throw my name into the hat before you come to your senses and realize you'll never see daylight again with all these projects going. :D

One full boat DEFT with whatever is the hottest setup you have at the time (since it'll be a while things are likely to change in the LED world). Plus one Pelican case too please.

Thanks,
-LT

HKJ

Flashaholic
OK I will put you on the list. You do realize this is for the second run and it may be awhile right? Just checking. Thank you.

Yes, that is the reason I did not specify what MC-E I wanted, it is to far in the future to say anything about what your have then.
The same goes for the R2, if your get any R3 or R4, I might also be interested in getting that instead.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that is the reason I did not specify what MC-E I wanted, it is to far in the future to say anything about what your have then.
The same goes for the R2, if your get any R3 or R4, I might also be interested in getting that instead.
Got it. And you are right, there is no telling what I will have available come then.

BenjiBot

Enlightened
Hi, I would like to stake a place in the second run. I'm looking at DEFT Base price $185/Carbon Fiber bezel $60/Pelican case $37/Int. shipping $20. I'll take it with the R2 WH, but let's see what you have available when you get round to the build :)

I will keep an eye on this thread over the next 4-8 months, but please do PM me when you require payment. Thanks for making these available!

Benji

Last edited:

kabkbak7321

Newly Enlightened
Great work on this. :twothumbsThe reviews are outstanding.:grin2:

Put me on the list please.
One full boat DEFT with whatever is the hottest setup at the time. (What ever you have that kicks a$$ and please feel free to put as much glow powder as you can fit.)
And a bezel aswell.
Plus one Pelican case too please.
And yes please let me know when to send payment.

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great work on this. :twothumbsThe reviews are outstanding.:grin2:

Put me on the list please.
One full boat DEFT with whatever is the hottest setup at the time. (What ever you have that kicks a$$ and please feel free to put as much glow powder as you can fit.)
And a bezel aswell.
And yes please let me know when to send payment.
You have been added. And if there are any better emitters released between now and then you can bet I will do all I can to obtain them.

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
Hi Saabluster,

Please add my name to the list in waiting.

This description sounds just what I would like:

"One full boat DEFT with whatever is the hottest setup at the time. (What ever you have that kicks a$$ and please feel free to put as much glow powder as you can fit.)
And a bezel aswell.
And yes please let me know when to send payment."

Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.