The Malkoff M61!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightKids

Enlightened
Sorry guys I think I was one of the last people to grab one! Damn they went fast I was pretty nervous! haha

What do you guys reckon is the best host for the M61? I was sure I was gonna get a 6P but then I found out that it doesn't have a clicky and I would have to buy a clicky seperately.

I would prefer the whole flashlight to be Surefire though since I'm paying so much for one.

So what do you guys recommend?

Ronin

Newly Enlightened
Pick up a 6P with a clicky installed and bored from ElectronGuru over in the custom section. One stop shopping!

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
MD2 by Malkoff works pretty well as it was designed for the drop-ins. You will have to buy the lens kit to use the M61.

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:

I guess I was just barely quick enough. Do you know how hard it is to order from Gene's website with a smartphone when you're in a hurry?

Thanks for putting some more out for us, Gene. Keep 'em rollin', as I am sure there are more people waiting!

-- Frank

benh

Newly Enlightened
He's one guy, building them (I believe) by hand. And he recently had an appendectomy.

I understand that he's working on ramping up mass production of the M61, but is not quite there yet.

Cut him a little slack. I'd imagine that he's as interested (perhaps more interested) as any of us in ramping up production to meet demand, since this is, you know, his means of income.

In other news, I think that the MD2 with hi/lo ring will be an ideal M61 host. I should be finding out soon. My first M61 ended up in an Electronguru 6P. This one will end up in a MD2.

pwatcher

Enlightened
Sorry guys I think I was one of the last people to grab one! Damn they went fast I was pretty nervous! haha

What do you guys reckon is the best host for the M61? I was sure I was gonna get a 6P but then I found out that it doesn't have a clicky and I would have to buy a clicky seperately.

I would prefer the whole flashlight to be Surefire though since I'm paying so much for one.

So what do you guys recommend?
this would do it: http://www.surefire.com/6P-Defender

maybe put a WTB on marketplace, or wait for someone to offer theirs up. of course you could buy new, or get a clicky tailcap for a regular 6p or C2.

merdock69

Newly Enlightened
Geez, been on the notify list for 8 weeks and missed the email by 1.5 hours. (what's worse is that even if I had gotten it close to the send time I would have only had 10 minutes to grab one....) Gene needs to raise his prices to disourage frivolous buying by his customers...

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just amazing.

When I ordered a couple with about 70 units left I honestly thought this would hold CPF over for a while... I guess I was wrong :D

benh

Newly Enlightened
10 M61s? Holy smokes. That's nearly $600 worth of dropins.

I'm really curious. What will you do with 10 of them? Light up 8 city blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.