The VIP Thread

G Pilot

Enlightened
Re: VIP Super Build Sunday

Were you guys who got them, and those who are waiting, on the left over SBP list? I was on that list so I think I got dibs on the first batch. I have not recieved anything yet.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Erik Johnson

Newly Enlightened

Don't worry G Pilot, I am in the same boat as you. I live in California which should be pretty quick mail from Hawaii. My guess is that mine was not shipped out until Wednesday. I am still hoping for Saturday, but if you are on the East coast, it may not arrive until mid next week. It also matters when you sent in your payment since ordering by PayPal receipts was the easiest solution for Charlie (quite understandable).

Perhaps when people get their VIPs they can list their PayPal payment date on the "VIP Discussion" thread to give others a clue as to what part of the list is currently shipping (just a thought).

Erik.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was on the left over SBP list and I still have not recieve mine yet either, But I did get a modified reflector today. Too Bad they did not arrive at the same time heh. Still hoping for tomarrow also, I live In San Diego CA so it should be here very soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Starlight said:
Bulk head and AA body were requested in signup letter 1/18/04.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Harry, I do indeed have you down for the BH. Bear in mind everyone that there is an unlimited (well, enough for all anyway) supply of AA bodies and BBH heads, but the new BH as shown a few dozen posts above will be limited to about 200 units total. That is all I can get made at this time due to a finite supply of a critical component for the BulkHead.

I shipped out VIPs to those who paid up to on or about March 12 (this would come to approximately one hundred lights, making up the infamous "first batch" that I already explained about earlier) but not to worry, I am working diligently preparing the "second batch" as we speak...

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, that is what I did also very early on. I simply told Charlie he could count me in on EVERY accessory made for the VIP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

I paid ON march 12th! Talk about being "on the edge". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess I'll have to miss my son's wedding tomorrow so I can wait for the postman... Maybe not.

Daniel

83Venture

Enlightened

I was on the SBP list and will be ordering one of the AA bodies and a BH as soon as they become available. Since I am on the East coast I guess I will be waiting a few more days for the VIP to make it's trip. It was worth part of the price just for the enjoyment of following the threads since the project started. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

mst3k

Enlightened

Isn't it just effin amazing that there are 165 pages of love, lust, and appreciation for a flashlight and the person/people that made it here?

I love this forum. And to think growin up I thought I was the only one. Cracks me up.

Geode

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
...I shipped out VIPs to those who paid up to on or about March 12...

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be interesting. Like Cutlery Lover, I paid on March 12.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

UPDATE 6-5-04: BulkHead Beamshots -

I took a few beamshots of a couple of VIPs, one with the new BulkHead and the other with the regular head and Fraen. Here they are against the baseboard from about five feet away (BulkHead is always on the right in all photos):

BH%20Beam%20LLS.jpg

Now angled about 20 feet up on the ceiling:

BH%20Beam%20Ceiling.jpg

And finally outside against my moss rock wall from about 15 feet away:

BH%20Beam%20Rockwall.jpg

Again please wait for the Modder's B/S/T announcement for prepays, After I check with the pre-signees (and after checking my Outlook files there actually weren't as many as I thought). Thank you for your patience.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

And Erik, given the big boost in help from the HAT members I don't think there will be much time difference between when the 2nd and 3rd batches are sent out. The real time consumer is now packing and shipping, the rest of the lights are all about 3/4ths built thanks to their help! I only have to go in and solder up a bunch of wires on the rest of them (although there are a couple of hundred of the rest of them), but at least no more other pesky and tedious little parts to assemble, etc.

bryguy42

Newly Enlightened

So... I also paid on march 12th...

the question of the day is: Do I call in sick monday to wait for the postman? Or am I in the 2nd batch??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

idleprocess, I paid on the 24th as well, and think I'm in the third group, but Charlie's heartening update a couple hours ago gives me great hopes for some brite lite for camping later this month!

gadget lover, CONGRATS on your son's wedding today!

and Charlie, do you have a BBH to show us a beamshot with the new BH? (not to take you away from soldering or anything, tho! lol)

daloosh

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

New Jersey already? Hoo boy - then howcum some in California have not yet gotten theirs...? Hmmm...