Thrunite and Digitally Regulated Output

Dry-cell

Enlightened
I've been thinking about getting myself a 'Thrunite Archer 1A V2 Neutral White' flashlight. I noticed that 'Digitally Regulated Output' is not listed under most, if not all Thrunite flashlight specifications. Do the Thrunite flashlights get dimmer and start to flicker, when nearing the end of the batteries charge?.

Last edited:

Dry-cell

Enlightened
Considering the price of the Archer, I'm going to get it anyway. All my flashlight have D.R.O., I love my Klarus ST10 and Fenix E12, but I want more lumen's. Everyone of my flashlight's tints are on the cool side, so I thought I'd try the neutral white for once. Using it in the outdoors, providing better color and depth perception, but losing some throw distance.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering the price of the Archer, I'm going to get it anyway. All my flashlight have D.R.O., I love my Klarus ST10 and Fenix E12, but I want more lumen's. Everyone of my flashlight's tints are on the cool side, so I thought I'd try the neutral white for once. Using it in the outdoors, providing better color and depth perception, but losing some throw distance.

Check out the review and run time graphs:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...or-XP-G2-Neutral)-1A-2A-1C-2C-Series-Overview

Dry-cell

Enlightened
Actually I was looking through the Flashlight Review Forum the other night and stumbled across that thread, it's extremely informative!. The neutral white tint has better throw than the cool white tint it seems. I'll be using my Duracell Rechargeable preCharged AA, NiMH, 2400mAh batteries with it. I have a Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer to boot.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I was looking through the Flashlight Review Forum the other night and stumbled across that thread, it's extremely informative!. The neutral white tint has better throw than the cool white tint it seems. I'll be using my Duracell Rechargeable preCharged AA, NiMH, 2400mAh batteries with it. I have a Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer to boot.

in the case of the archer, yes, because the nw version uses the smaller xpg2 as opposed to the larger xml2 of the cw version.

Dry-cell

Enlightened
The 2xAA version doesn't interest me, because of the modes. It a big jump from medium (69 lumens) to high (430 lumens). I'd like to see one more mode between those two, of 130 lumens or more.

Dry-cell

Enlightened
First Impression:
Well I got my Archer 1A V2 (NW) flashlight today, and I have to say that I'm really digging it. The deep carry pocket clip is fantastic!, the tint looks nice, and the light feels good in the palm of the hand. The tail and side switch, gives pleasing audible clicks, and are very smooth to operate. As SCS mentioned above, the led is smaller than the cool white Cree LED, so the beam is tighter, making it a better thrower than a floodlight. The fact that it uses a smooth reflector rather than an orange peel one, tightens up that beam even more so. To be honest I would have liked a broader beam, but that's my only real complaint so far.

Just something I wanted to point out... In the Archer 1A V2 (NW) 'User Manual' that comes along with the light, listed under 'Features' it says -New Orange peel reflector for a high quality beam. Yet it clearly has a smooth reflector, on the ThruNite.com product page, it lists it as a -Smooth peel reflector for a high quality beam. :thinking: :shrug:

Last edited:

Dry-cell

Enlightened
Thought I'd add one more picture, here's my three AA lights together, sorry for the dull picture. :eek:

From left to right: ThruNite Archer 1A V2 (NW), Klarus ST-10 and Fenix E12.

chrisbfu

Newly Enlightened
33de27e47057b06a232920432b7cdf4c.jpg

I love the warm version. One of my most used EDC lights.

Qooo

Newly Enlightened
Here are mine. Archer 1A V2, 1A and 1C in cool white. Just from observing the beamshots, the old version holds a slightly tighter pattern but IMO V2 is improved in pretty much every other way.

_NIK3798_zps2jrwtae8.jpg

_NIK3788_zpsiyrsiihg.jpg