ThruNite Catapult V6 Mini Thrower Review

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received Catapult V6 in neutral white a few days ago. Another great Thrunite product with the UI I really like. The tint is very good neutral and no greenish. As with TC20 I will mostly avoid turbomode because it's hard load for the battery and with short runtime. High mode is good enough and still provide impressive throw. The size is perfect in the hand and with good hold. There is one thing I reacted about, however: the reflector is pretty shallow(and not the typical thrower style of today) and this results in a wide spill. Significantly wider than TN42, and just a bit narrower than the spill of standard Maglite reflector. I would prefer a spill not wider than the spill of TN42. Not a big deal though.
While TN42 as well when it comes to size and weight is a giant in the hand the Catapult V6 is a pretty compact light possible to carry in the jacket pocket. It´s much more compact and lightweight than Olight SR52UT and with almost the same throw, so it feels like SR52 becomes a bit superfluous. Not to forget the advantage of a single battery.
But there is a thing I am a bit doubtful about: the rubber cover for the micro USB port is easy loosened by mistake with the finger and does not feel very tight. Because of this I would not trust the claimed water proofness. It does not feel like a good protection from water, and I got the same feeling with TC20.

Anyway my conclusion is that Catapult V6 is another great addition to my flashlight and Thrunite collection. Recommended!

My order of Catapult V6 also included a TI4 and two Keeppower 6000mAh cells. Good that 26650s now have serious capacity improvement over 18650s!

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the shallow reflector of the V6. I prefer a very wide spill, and a broad hotspot with little corona. Deeper reflectors will give less spill width, with a smaller hotspot but larger corona, and with very little change to the actual throw capacity of the emitter.

busseguy

Enlightened
Is there an easy way to check how far the Catapult actually throws? Mine doesn't seem to throw much further than my old 960 lumen Fenix LD41 which uses 4AA batteries.

The way people talked about this light made me think it would blow the LD41 away.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
On its turbo mode it's ansi rated for 700m of throw compared to the 300m of the LD41, you should be able to tell a difference. For realistic distances I always halve the rated distance, so probably 350m for the V6, and 150m for the LD41.

If you want something that really throws in a similar size, maybe try looking at a Skylumen Delta.

busseguy

Enlightened
On its turbo mode it's ansi rated for 700m of throw compared to the 300m of the LD41, you should be able to tell a difference. For realistic distances I always halve the rated distance, so probably 350m for the V6, and 150m for the LD41.

If you want something that really throws in a similar size, maybe try looking at a Skylumen Delta.

Thanks for the info.

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
Got mine a month or so ago.. it is my first thrower. It is tiny for what it can do. It has enough spill that It can be used for normal tasks as well if needed. Solid light!!!

30173888738_0a9a0aea88_b.jpg

44045679452_e6873658e3_b.jpg

44223124451_9afb6406da_b.jpg