• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite TN30vn35 - Budget Pop Can Thrower

mntbighker

Newly Enlightened
Re: XXX - Budget Pop Can Thrower

This is a hard choice, the TN30vn50 is $210 with battery pack, the TN30vn35 with NW is $200 with no batteries.

TN30vn50 is 7000 lumens / 38k lux
TN30vn35 is 6600 lumens / 100k lux

Really tough choice.

What's worse, I want to standardize my flood and throw in the car on the BP-10 battery pack. So I will probably go TN40vn spec 1, which is $350. And with that I lose DriverVNX2 as well. I already have the TN30vn50. I'm especially fond of not having to deal with taking apart the light and single cell charging in the car. Of course I have to concoct my own DC/DC charging solution, but it won't be expensive.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a hard choice, the TN30vn50 is $210 with battery pack, the TN30vn35 with NW is $200 with no batteries.

TN30vn50 is 7000 lumens / 38k lux
TN30vn35 is 6600 lumens / 100k lux

Really tough choice.

no tough choice.. If you like throw, get a vn35. For flood, vn50. Dont worry about the battery..

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh I've talked myself in circles over many of the lights. At first I think well the TN30vn50 has the flood with decent throw with the drivervnx2 that's perfect but I'll hold off a bit. Then TN30vn35 comes along and I think wow this is even better, almost the same lumens but with over twice the lux numbers, the beam looks really good, and it still has drivervnx2, can't beat it right? But...... the TN30vn50 does come with a battery pack, BUT I would rather use my own batteries, SO..... the TN30vn35 uses the standard carrier so that's better right? I do like my flood lights though so TN30vn50 is the way to go, BUT it would be nice to have the throw of the TN30vn35 in this size light. I can talk myself into either one really, and several other lights for that matter. This one looks great, BUT that one is smaller, or the other one will run longer, I like those specs too, BUT.....................:candle:

I think you get the idea.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am totally agree.. I personal like built in charger light for traveling, camping or so on.. Its make things easier.. I have 4 built in charger light.. I probably dont need one.. You cant go wrong with either one, both have driver vnx.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

If money was an issue I would definitely pick TN30vn35 over any other pop can light.

I love the M43vn and X7vn more but they are just too expensive.

mntbighker

Newly Enlightened

Of course I have to concoct my own DC/DC charging solution, but it won't be expensive.

For the record, Vinh suggests using an inverter in the car to utilize the provided charging power supply. I am choosing to go the DC/DC route and go against his advice.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

For the record, Vinh suggests using an inverter in the car to utilize the provided charging power supply. I am choosing to go the DC/DC route and go against his advice.

This will of course works too. Using the factory adapter just ensure safe recharging as the brick was design for it with proper factory specifications.

flybird

Newly Enlightened

Eagerly waiting for this spec.

:thinking: Spec 2 XHP35 HI NW 5000K $200 (Recommended)
Lumen:
Lux:
Throw:

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

^^^^^^^ That's the one I would go with too. I'm hoping it's very similar to the spec 1.

stipeman

Newly Enlightened
Spec 2 posted at Skylumen:

Spec 1 XHP35 HI CW 6500K $215
Lumen: 6600
Lux: 100K
Throw: 632m
Spec 2 XHP35 HI NW 5000K $200 (Recommended)
Lumen: 6450
Lux: 100K
Throw: 632m

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The specs look great, the NW version is on the top of my list to get.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
NW sample tested yesterday had unusually smoother reflector. But in general both version r very close.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
NW sample tested yesterday had unusually smoother reflector. But in general both version r very close.

Good to know, I'm sure each light will be slightly different. It's nice to see the NW is very close to the CW output, and in real life I'm sure the NW looks much better anyway.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking through my light list and realized that the specs on this light are not very far behind the X60Mvn tested specs of 7800 lumen and 117k lux.