• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite TN30vn50 Sale

code2006

Newly Enlightened
Tats for the std version were u have to use the 18650 batterys
mine came with the power pack ( which i prefer lol)

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
you guys are absolutely right. I forgot this had the tn40 handle (pronounced "battery pack").

http://www.thrunite.com/tn40-rechargeable-led-searchlight/

the tn40 details say:

Charging and Indicator
  • Battery capacity: 1-20%, indicator is flashing red.
  • Battery capacity: 25%-50%, indicator is flashing purple.
  • Battery capacity: 50-95%, indicator is flashing blue.
  • Battery capacity: 96-100%, blue light will be on.
  • The total charging time is 2.8 hrs. Click the round tail switch, the indicator will be on for 5 seconds.
Discharging and Indicator

• Battery capacity: 1-10%, indicator is red.
  • Battery capacity: 10%-25%, indicator is flashing red.
  • Battery capacity: 25-50%, indicator is purple.
  • Battery capacity: 50-100%, indicator is blue.
  • Click the round tail switch, the indicator will be on for 5 seconds.

mntbighker

Newly Enlightened
Mine was waiting for me when I got back today from the weekend. First impressions: DAMN!!!, this is a lot of light for the dollar. Feels like top quality. Mine is a "5000K" and the color rendition is good. I wish the bezel was crenelated even just a little. Probably going to be hard to find a convenient way to car charge it without an inverter. I wish there was more than one mode that includes beacon. Vinh was very prompt and provided tracking.

Long story short., I feel like I stole this thing, and it's an insanely good light.. good buy.. just GOOD!!!

novasquid

Newly Enlightened
Discharging and Indicator

• Battery capacity: 1-10%, indicator is red.
  • Battery capacity: 10%-25%, indicator is flashing red.
  • Battery capacity: 25-50%, indicator is purple.
  • Battery capacity: 50-100%, indicator is blue.
  • Click the round tail switch, the indicator will be on for 5 seconds.

i was playing around with mine when it arrived and measured the voltage at 8.24 when full (or 4.12 per cell). i had the light on until the battery pack started showing red. assuming 3.00 was low voltage, that meant 3.5v should be around the 50% mark. i turned off the light, waited a few minutes, and the multimeter was showing around 3.5v and the battery pack was still showing red. so in summary, the % capacity doesn't seem accurate at all.

i really like this light, but it seems overkill for my needs. i may end up selling it, but it's fun for now. :)

mjgsxr

Enlightened
You need to measure battery voltage underload. If it was 3.5 turned off when light was on in a high mode it would have been 3 volts or less underload

mjgsxr

Enlightened
thanks for the info. i'm new to all this. :)

If you are not using this light for a long time try and store the battery about 3.8 volts and in a cool area.

Lithium batteries don't like to be fully charged/unchanged for long periods of time.

code2006

Newly Enlightened
Mine died tonight whilst out on Patrol
So sad
Pmed vin hope there's a fix for it

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the light so I can't say for sure but in theory, any dc source with the proper voltage, polarity, and connector should work.

That said, I don't know if the protection is on the battery itself or the charging brick it comes with so you run a risk of overcharging with third party chargers.

Personally, I'd just get a cheap inverter if I absolutely needed to charge on the go.

mntbighker

Newly Enlightened
That said, I don't know if the protection is on the battery itself or the charging brick it comes with so you run a risk of overcharging with third party chargers.

Personally, I'd just get a cheap inverter if I absolutely needed to charge on the go.
I looked up the brick they provide and it would seem to be an 8.4 volt source that maxes out at 3 amps. The DC/DC regulator I got from Amazon has both voltage and current limit. I set 8.4 volts and 2.5amps and so far everybody seems happy. At some stages of charging it will be in current limit mode, and at some point it transitions to voltage control. I figure I'll let it charge a bit slower in the car. I plan to also have a TN40vn with the same battery at some point.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am kind of surprised thrunite never made a car charge option for this.

Care to share which charger you got? It might come in handy for future customers. :)