Thrunite TN40 (4xXP-L HI, rechargeable battery pack) Review: BEAMSHOTS and more!

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Is there any way the charging cable can be adapted to plug into a 12v car outlet?

Hello Nollij

You can buy from amazon and our website for Thrunite Products. both are managed by ThruNite self. The Products are packed and shiped by amazon. if you buy from our website. you can get at most 10% off discount/ and online chat service. I am sure this will be helpful to you!

Anyway. Thanks to Choose ThruNite!

Does anyone know if the light works while charging with the 12 volt vehicle charger? I.e. if your battery was dead and you were driving in the desert and you plugged it in to charge could you use it run the light?

Theodore41

Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,thank you for the fantastic review.
I have just received a TN40S,and measured the intensity at 4.7m finding it 313Kcd.I used four 30Q batteries fully charged in a LiitoKala 500.
At what distance did you measure your light please?

excalibur71

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review. It seems like a very close toss up between the TN40 and the K70. From what I gather from reading around is that the Thrunite has better build quality the Acebeam. Although it seems like the K70 has a tighter beam because of the 1 LED VS TN40 4 LED's

hahoo

Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,thank you for the fantastic review.
I have just received a TN40S,and measured the intensity at 4.7m finding it 313Kcd.I used four 30Q batteries fully charged in a LiitoKala 500.
At what distance did you measure your light please?

330,000 is what tn says, your not far off

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened
As a new member to this Form, I must say I appreciate your written review of Torches. I have been following you on YouTube as well. I must say that the TN40 just may be the answer to my search for a thrower. Actually I hope to own one of these before the end of the year.

Thank you much for the time you spend on you reviews.

CNR

Newly Enlightened
So, can you walk at night comfortably with the TN40 ? Is there enough spill at lower brightness levels to see where are you stepping ?

I've read moldyoldy's very useful remarks but maybe aiming the hotspot lower (eg: 10-20m in front of you) so it won't blind you, will it give you the close range illumination you need just to see where are you stepping ? And i'm talking in mid/lower modes only, where you can use the light for hours.

I don't really need a big thrower but i love this light and i'd like to get it as an all purpose big light, but i'd hated it to end up a shelf queen.
I even thought the possibility to make it a diffuser so i can justify it over the Fenix FD65, since i find them at about the same price (i'm talking about the 18650 model), i am willing to give up some functionality (ie: wide close range illumination, size & weight over throw & that wow factor) but only as long as the TN40 is usable at short to medium range.

Any opinions please ?