• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite TN42vn 2018 - Best Rounded Thrower R

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
So what is PFET driver?? I am sure my u21vn is brighter after fully charged. Will the light still be brighter at 3.8 v???

I really have no idea. Figuring out how different drivers work is one of those flashlight oriented things I have not taken the time to figure out. Looks like I need to dive in to drivers now.

giorgoskok

Newly Enlightened
So what is PFET driver?? I am sure my u21vn is brighter after fully charged. Will the light still be brighter at 3.8 v???

Driver vn2 / vnx2 regulate the current on the negative side with an npn mosfet , while "pfet" drivers regulate the current on the plus side with pnp mosfet . So pfet drivers are needed with leds like Oslon black flats that have the negative connected to the thermal pad of the led , and so on the body of the flashlight (so a normal n-fet driver will not work at all) .

Just a veeeery simple explanation

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The light is currently heading back to me. I'm going to put in a new circuit and make a few tweaks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Richard and I discuss some more on the TN42vn90 circuit. Only premium parts will be used. Parts alone will be $50-60 per circuit. Finally production for the circuit will be expensive for sure. However I think its worth it! Must have the best.

star_c_star

Enlightened
Vinh,

Could a similar circuit be used on the BLF GTvn90?

I know that even with the default circuit, it is around 1.75 Mcd, which is already incredibly high, but one can only hope for even higher numbers.:naughty:

As for the TN42vn, I'll soon purchase one with the Oslon LED.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richard and I discuss some more on the TN42vn90 circuit. Only premium parts will be used. Parts alone will be $50-60 per circuit. Finally production for the circuit will be expensive for sure. However I think its worth it! Must have the best.

Yes. We need reliable light. Even if the tn42vn90 drop from 10 feet, the light should still works and focus. Don't test drop my light. Lol.

I am ready to pay for any extra costs and parts.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh,

Could a similar circuit be used on the BLF GTvn90? I have no plans for this right now. GTvn is a 8 cell lights. Having 2 set of 4 cells in series with ultra high drains unprotected pushing tremendous power greatly increase the risk of various aspects. If such a design were implemented there will be EXTENSIVE testings and development before such application. GTvn is currently pushing an average of 1.6-1.7 Mcd. This is achieve using an all parallel design. The safest design possible for mass production. The light is also extremely versatile being able to run on any number of cells from 1-8. With a crazy driver may be we can hit 2Mcd. But its at a gain the eyes wont differentiate much while incurring great unprecedented risk all while losing the flexibility of cells configuration.

I know that even with the default circuit, it is around 1.75 Mcd, which is already incredibly high, but one can only hope for even higher numbers.:naughty:

As for the TN42vn, I'll soon purchase one with the Oslon LED. Tn42vn Oslon is a dream thrower. One I adore beyond all of my current thrower offerings. The throw is INCREDIBLE. There is no heat to worry about. The light is extremely safe. Price is somewhat relatively fair. Also being a reflector thrower the beam is practical with general use as oppose to aspheric. CFT90 + developing driver will make the desirable level even higher at the cost of excessive $$$ and heat.

To be fair I would pick a TN42vn any version over a BLF GTvn any version if I can only have one light. The GTvn90 performance is amazing but the size is more or less amusing. :)

[/QUOTE

star_c_star

Enlightened
Vinh,

Thank-you for the detailed explanation.

I would MUCH rather have a completely safe 1.7 Mcd BLF GTvn90, than a slightly more powerful (but dangerous) 2 Mcd one.

star_c_star

Enlightened

Hi Vinh,

Approximately when do you think the new circuit will be ready?

If it is within a couple months, I'll purchase a TN42n90 instead of a TN42vn Oslon.

With the CFT-90, it will be like carrying a small searchlight.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
2 months is the goal :)

Hi Vinh,

Approximately when do you think the new circuit will be ready?

If it is within a couple months, I'll purchase a TN42n90 instead of a TN42vn Oslon.

With the CFT-90, it will be like carrying a small searchlight.

star_c_star

Enlightened
I just ordered a TN42vn90, with 6500K CFT-90 LED, asking Vinh to wait until the new driver is ready.

At least I have the BLF GTvn90, with the same LED, to keep me amused until the TN42vn arrives.

Last edited: