Thrunite TN4A HI review

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thorfire TK4A? hmmmm interesting. If you are not after the HI TN4A variants any of the standard CW or NW versions still give excellent medium range throw and they have a massive hot spot and the spill is unusually bright. Just comes down to your preference NW or CW. I myself prefer the NW standard. That being said the CW TN4A's are not truly CW. They lean neutral especially in the hot spot. The width of the beam profile the non HI variants put out is surprisingly wide which was a pleasant surprise. To my eyes both the NW and CW standards are just as bright as each other..

dmattaponi

Enlightened
CelticCross74 descriptions (beam, heat, stepdown, tint, etc) reflect accurately my own experiences with my 5 TN4A'.

GarnerArms

Newly Enlightened
CelticCross74 descriptions (beam, heat, stepdown, tint, etc) reflect accurately my own experiences with my 5 TN4A'.
I will second CelticCross74 descriptions as well. This light is flawless in my book (I will admit that I am a flashlight newbie though).

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered the TN4A NW. I decided I didn't really need this light with the HI option since I think the wider hot spot of the non-HI version would be more useful for me. I threw in some AmazonBasics High-capacity cells that I'd had laying around for six months. I probably should've topped them off but just put them right in. It was a bit of a tight fit putting the carrier back in but it made it. Will probably come right out with a couple of shakes.

I can't believe how cool this puppy stays when running on Turbo. As CelticCross74 stated, this light really manages heat well. I ran on Turbo for about five minutes and it was barely warm. Amazing! The UI is a little different than I'm used to. It's hard to compare the difference between High and Turbo because the double-click it takes to reach Turbo briefly turns the light out. Still, it is every bit the light everyone has raved about and I'm loving it.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered the TN4A NW. I decided I didn't really need this light with the HI option since I think the wider hot spot of the non-HI version would be more useful for me. I threw in some AmazonBasics High-capacity cells that I'd had laying around for six months. I probably should've topped them off but just put them right in. It was a bit of a tight fit putting the carrier back in but it made it. Will probably come right out with a couple of shakes.

I can't believe how cool this puppy stays when running on Turbo. As CelticCross74 stated, this light really manages heat well. I ran on Turbo for about five minutes and it was barely warm. Amazing! The UI is a little different than I'm used to. It's hard to compare the difference between High and Turbo because the double-click it takes to reach Turbo briefly turns the light out. Still, it is every bit the light everyone has raved about and I'm loving it.
Glad you like it. The TN4A is my favorite.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is good at what it does...and what it does is very nice.

The TN4A HI is my powerhouse little big light. For my very low lumen tendencies, at times it is almost too much to handle.