Tiara A1 V2 Pro indicator ON/OFF, tactical mode, Temp warning issues

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
The LOL continues: Tiara A1 Pro indicator ON/OFF, tactical mode, Temp warning...

I have received 2 Tiara A1 Pro v2 xm-l and the 3 options are missing. It is the same UI (the last one) as my Tiara C1 Pro V2 XM-L and XP-L. I did not try the thermal management. I will do it tonight with lithium 14500 cell in the A1. For the missing 3 options, it is not bothered me...I have 4 Wizards Pro with these options and I don't use them.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Re: The LOL continues: Tiara A1 Pro indicator ON/OFF, tactical mode, Temp warning iss

I have just try the thermal mangement on one of my Tiara A1 Pro v2 with lithium cell on turbo 2. I have set it for lithium and no problem with the heat. The light is a bit hot if I touch my cheek but not burning.It's been 25 min now with the flashing green led.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The LOL continues: Tiara A1 Pro indicator ON/OFF, tactical mode, Temp warning iss

Did you ever see a stepdown before 8 minutes or get any orange or red warning blinks?

I placed the light on a wood table so the heat doesn't dissipate somewhere the same as if you where holding it.

On max turbo 2 the light became hot-potato-hot probably just under burning. I'd say 10 more degrees and we're in tissue damage territory. No stepdowns or warning blinks for me either.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm actually going to show Armytek some love and slow some of the bleeding. I probably won't return this light since I can begrudgingly live with all these missing functions. For the price-point it can suffice for what it is, I actually got the high CRI version and I am really liking the tint especially after a good LED burn in. Definitely less output than a neutral or cool white but this tint is in my preferred comfort zone. At least it's not green or yellow tinted. Not as good as a Nichia 219 but still it's nice.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

Did you ever see a stepdown before 8 minutes or get any orange or red warning blinks?

I placed the light on a wood table so the heat doesn't dissipate somewhere the same as if you where holding it.

On max turbo 2 the light became hot-potato-hot probably just under burning. I'd say 10 more degrees and we're in tissue damage territory. No stepdowns or warning blinks for me either.

No orange led indicator, stay green for more than 20-25 minutes. I stopped after that.

You could buy a Wizard Pro V2 XL-M2 warm 90 cri for 39.90 can. on the Canadian site. It is not a V3 as I have but you will "probably" have all the options the Tiara don't have.

https://www.armytek.ca/products/fla...ek-wizard-pro-v2-xm-l2-90cri-warm-silver.html

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I played again with my Tiara for some time but there is no way to stop the button from blinking every 5 secs or so both when the light is on and most annoyingly when it is off.

All the levels are there and also the strobe and beacon but the other functions can not be accessed.

The light is back at the bottom of a drawer.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened

Maybe time to move on to more important things in life than defective flashlights. There are plenty of other lights out in the marketplace that actually work.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I don't think the Tiara has a way to turn off the indicator light when in use on M1 etc etc. I researched this when learning to turn on the indicator switch light for the wizard when not running the main LED. To be honest I mostly ignore the indicator light though liked the function to activate it when not running in case it gets dropped in the leaf litter. Another chance to find the light in the dark. That said it would be annoying to have it blinking when off if that wasn't my wish.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe time to move on to more important things in life than defective flashlights. There are plenty of other lights out in the marketplace that actually work.

Yah. Pretty much. LOL. But it's fun to call out the BS features being advertised. :D I have a low tolerance for shady business practices.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Re: Tiara A1 Pro v2 indicator on/off bugs?

So after another weeks worth of use (now using lithium Keeppower 14500's) some observations:

FAIL #1
-- Left the light on turbo mode for about 8 minutes, no orange or red temperature warnings when the light became screaming hot to touch and no stepdowns. Just a happy little green indication saying the battery was fine even though the light was about 140+ degrees. Wow.

FAIL #2
-- Armytek replied via email, "Re: Tiara modes" where I described the missing State Indication Always On setting for when the light is turned off and the missing Tactical Mode setting.

Their reply:

"The mistake is in the manual. The correct information is there is no State Indication in OFF state and Firefly modes and there is no tactical mode in this model.
I am sorry for the misleading information in the previous emails."

Misleading and should be a warranty issue because ITS NOT FUNCTIONING AS ADVERTISED.

Interestingly, CPF member Kilovolt had the opposite problem of what I have in his Tiara C1 Pro V2 which was to actually turn that setting OFF. (THE SETTING THAT I WANT).

Kilovolt, "Last: is there any way to switch off the blinking LED in the switch? The manual says that the multicolor state indicator does not work in the off mode but it does."
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386007&p=4734350&viewfull=1#post4734350

Kilovolt, "Once the light is off the indicator starts blinking continuously. The only way I found to stop it is to unscrew the tailcap..."
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386007&p=4734446&viewfull=1#post4734446

That's the problem I wish I had!!!

Looking at their latest manual for the Tiara V2's.... (which appears to have a small update)
https://www.armytek.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=280

qraz4k.jpg

None of this sh*t is working.

Reading their site, Armytek sure does pay a lot of lip service as to the extraordinary capabilities of their lights, but none of this is working as advertised for the Tiara V2's I own that are conspicuously absent. Apparently I'm not the only one.

2isght0.jpg

14jw58w.jpg

I've noticed after a perusal through several threads about Armytek's flagship products there have been many reported problems for the Predator line and the Wizard Pro's AND the Doberman as well.

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?39773&p=4958753&viewfull=1#post4958753

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?416699&p=4972195&viewfull=1#post4972195

FAIL #3

Armytek's CPF rep seems to be conveniently missing, like the modes in our lights. :D

Armytek! My Tiara V2 is BROKEN and apparently many others. :poke:

Time for a recall? :D

"Shhhhh .. we have a bad batch, let's sell them and hope nobody notices!"

We noticed....

Thank you for your attention! There are mistakes in the manual. Now we correct these mistakes and we will update manual on our official page to the end of October.

1. There is no tactical mode.
  2. There is no state Indication in OFF state and firefly modes.
  3. There is no temperature indication. But a flashlight doesn't heat above 60° С. Each person has personal sensitivity to temperature. In your case, it is better to use T2 mode for short duration, to avoid discomfort.

These features from the second screenshot do not apply to all models. Features for each model are written on product's page.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for your attention! There are mistakes in the manual. Now we correct these mistakes and we will update manual on our official page to the end of October.

1. There is no tactical mode.
  2. There is no state Indication in OFF state and firefly modes.
  3. There is no temperature indication. But a flashlight doesn't heat above 60° С. Each person has personal sensitivity to temperature. In your case, it is better to use T2 mode for short duration, to avoid discomfort.

These features from the second screenshot do not apply to all models. Features for each model are written on product's page.

I guess ArmyTek is removing that from the manual also?

BTW:

"More severe burns occur at higher temperatures. An applied heat of 131 degrees Fahrenheit causes second-degree burns on exposed skin. Pain receptors overload and become numb at a temperature of 140 F. At 162 F, human tissue is destroyed on contact. The entire range of burn temperatures, from the first appearance of pain to instant destruction, falls well below 212 F, the boiling point of water."

If these lights are only stepping down at 70 C (or (158 F) then skin burning temperature has already been passed. So whats the point of having these stepdown thresholds set so high??

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Umm ArmyTek, THERE ARE MANY MISTAKES in the claimed features and are more like feature omissions.

Here's a 4th omission from the lights features.

FAIL #4

1esz7m.jpg

No matter what battery type is in the light (yes correct battery type mode is also set) or how depleted the battery is, it only signals 1 long blink followed by 4 short blinks.

Fail + Fail + Fail + Fail = F.A.I.L.

:crackup:
ledmitter_nli, what manual do you use?

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

^^^^ OK

I'll give you that one - I MADE A MISTAKE REGARDING DECIMAL VOLTAGE INDICATION going by the older manual, but I am dumbfounded on why ArmyTek removed the decimal indication for the Tiara V2 since I assumed it would follow on from before with the other 3 missing features and from the descriptions on ArmyTek's - Modes & Electronics webpage:

https://www.armytek.com/technologies/modes-and-electronics.html

Why did the Tiara V2 receive so many downgrades?

The other 3 issues stand. Redacted the original post.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

^^^^ OK

I'll give you that one - I MADE A MISTAKE REGARDING DECIMAL VOLTAGE INDICATION going by the older manual, but I am dumbfounded on why ArmyTek removed the decimal indication for the Tiara V2 since I assumed it would follow on from before with the other 3 missing features and from the descriptions on ArmyTek's - Modes & Electronics webpage:

https://www.armytek.com/technologies/modes-and-electronics.html

Why did the Tiara V2 receive so many downgrades?

The other 3 issues stand. Redacted the original post.
The decimal voltage indication was removed because of these reasons:
1. The code was too large. We took this place for other purposes.
2. It was quite difficult and a large number of users did not need it.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

As seen from the thread misgivings, the Armytek Tiara A1 V2 has a bit of unexpected functionality issues I would have preferred to see working but I can say I am now mostly OK with it.

I am going to give this light a genuine thumbs up overall for its build quality, design and I do like the mode spacing; from battery vampire firefly modes to a surprisingly capable turbo output for a light this size. Just be sure to use a lithium!

The more I've used the Tiara A1 V2 (have the high CRI version) the more I've liked it and is now among my top 3 favorite lights out of all the lights I've ever owned. And I've owned many - from 1,750+ lumen 5.6A quad XPG2 dropins inside modded Overready SureFire hosts to Malkoff's, ZebraLight's, Klarus, Tain, and EagleTac's. I've whittled down my entire collection to just an EagleTac 18650 tac light, and the two Armytek and ZebraLight right-angle lights and feel I am set for awhile.

I think if Armytek can improve on their QA and what it does currently their next generation of right-angle lights should be super. Would also like to see a reflector version. :thumbsup:

(I just don't like their straight lights, they are rather weird and odd looking :D)

Last edited: