• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TiGlow titanium glowrings *ACCEPTING PAYMENTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *SOLD* 2 TiGlow titanium glowrings for sale*Pre-order open*

The titanium glowsticks are fantastic, but is there a reason why they aren't made out of aluminum, too? I imagine they would be lighter and cheaper. (Don't shoot me!!)

AvidHiker

Enlightened
Re: *SOLD* 2 TiGlow titanium glowrings for sale*Pre-order open*

The titanium glowsticks are fantastic, but is there a reason why they aren't made out of aluminum, too? I imagine they would be lighter and cheaper. (Don't shoot me!!)

I know the approximate cost of the vials themselves, and considering that the cases are being custom machined, I can tell you that switching to aluminum would probably not result in a significant price drop. Given the size of these things, all else being equal, the weight savings from switching to aluminum would be barely noticable (if at all - my modified version weighs only 3.3 grams, that's essentially nothing) and strength and durability would be considerably comprimised.

These are special trits which deserve special protection, IMO.

toddxtyboy

Newly Enlightened
If its not to late, could you leave mine "unpotted" and include the neoprene pads? sorry for telling you so late in the game.

Sgt Pinback

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived safe and sound while I ws away travelling, so that was a nice welcome back.

Thanks again for doing these Bart. :twothumbs

VerbalK

Newly Enlightened
Hello B@rt,
it seems that you have not state my payment,
is there a problem ?
Let me know, thanks
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.