• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium (6Al-4V) Valiant Concepts Malkoff Devices E Series (VME) Head

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Payment sent to Gene for 32 Ti VME heads. We've now entered Phase 3. Let the waiting begin!

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes!!!!! I'm so happy! I've been looking for one for years, waiting and hoping... Gene's Ti VME + Gene's M31 + Don's Tri pattern 123 body = perfection!👍

Thank you to Lion504 and everyone who makes this possible.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes!!!!! I'm so happy! I've been looking for one for years, waiting and hoping... Gene's Ti VME + Gene's M31 + Don's Tri pattern 123 body = perfection!

Thank you to Lion504 and everyone who makes this possible.

I'm looking forward to this too, I was about to post a WTB for one.

Thanks @lion504 for making this a reality.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome! I'm looking forward to putting my lego together! Like socom, I'm planning on using a mcgizmo 123 body (the regular haiku, not the triangle one). Need to give Gene a shout, as he is really easy to work with. He was enthusiastic about this from the beginning.

knfmkr

Newly Enlightened
I hate to wait, but this is definitely worth waiting for. Now to choose a body and drop in. Decisions, decisions...

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Do any of you know of any problem running an Oveready V5 Triple P60 drop-in with this set up? I plan on using a 16350 battery.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Do any of you know of any problem running an Oveready V5 Triple P60 drop-in with this set up? I plan on using a 16350 battery.
• ORv5Triple might be a tight fit in the smaller VME bezel, and ...

• the 16350 ( or 16340 ? ) will limit your max output, but ...

• the relatively poor heat sinking / thermal conductivity / limited mass of the compact Ti bezel will also limit sustained high output

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Thanks archimedes. I do not plan on pushing the output. I was racking my brain thinking what drop-in to put in this and love the performance from my BOSS. I can pretty much set this up however I want and also have a red (or amber) secondary. I don't want to order one if it will not function.

archimedes

Flashaholic
You might want to wander over to the main Malkoff thread and specifically ask about fitment of OR Triples into VME.

I know that @ven and others have put these into MDx bezels but am not 100% certain for VME.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks archimedes. I do not plan on pushing the output. I was racking my brain thinking what drop-in to put in this and love the performance from my BOSS. I can pretty much set this up however I want and also have a red (or amber) secondary. I don't want to order one if it will not function.

Did you ever get an answer on whether the v5 will fit or not?

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I did not. I am going to get one of the HCRI drop-ins when they are back in stock anyway. If it works, great! If not I have plenty of malkoffs anyway. I'm already full into this. Received my tri-pak last week.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha! Throwing caution to the wind! I like your approach to risk management! :laughing:

Congrats on on the trip-pack acquisition. Still trying to decide between RPM or McGizmo.

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still trying to decide between RPM or McGizmo.

FWIW, I bought one of Don's tri-paks and I REALLY like it a lot. It's a bit beefier and the triangle depressions give excellent grip. It may offer a bit more heat-sinking due to its (possibly) increased mass. RPM makes excellent offerings as well, at least from what I've seen in the past. I'm just kind of a McGizmo fan from day one (or from 15-ish years ago) :)

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately the aesthetics of the tri-pak aren't working for me. I like the reg 123 pak better. But I'm looking fwd to the pics of yours matched with the new head!