• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,
I've read through the thread quickly but maybe I've missed it... what is the LED bin on these ? I'd be interested at least in the color temp rating.
Besides I think the original post should be corrected to reflect the change of Ti alloy (no offense, just saying).

Anyway I've seen the original Aeon in person and I believe it is one of the best size you can think of for an EDC, general purpose light. The sweet spot between size, feeling in hand, power.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess nobody asked about the tint, because we assumed that it is a 4500K emitter, the one everybody has been after for the last few months...

Does another tint exist in high CRI? Either way, it should be a Nichia 219 / 4500K / high CRI 92

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,
I've read through the thread quickly but maybe I've missed it... what is the LED bin on these ? I'd be interested at least in the color temp rating.
Besides I think the original post should be corrected to reflect the change of Ti alloy (no offense, just saying).

Anyway I've seen the original Aeon in person and I believe it is one of the best size you can think of for an EDC, general purpose light. The sweet spot between size, feeling in hand, power.

Looks like the TI alloy was edited after your post in the specks, but not the first paragraph. I just checked. Really excited about these!

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whew! Late November is 2 weeks away! Is it still on track for that?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - I've been thinking the same thing Tixx. There's been some really nice lights that have surfaced in this BST thread that I have had to struggle to pass on as I am saving my PP dollars for final payment on these gems.

nbp

Flashaholic
Every time I see someone abbreviate ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond as SOYCD, I read it in my head as SYTYCD, which is the acronym for the show So You Think You Can Dance. :ohgeez:

Carry on. :wave:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Every time I see someone abbreviate ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond as SOYCD, I read it in my head as SYTYCD, which is the acronym for the show So You Think You Can Dance. :ohgeez:
It reminded me of the proverb about running out of food - Soon Only Your Cat Dines.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I talked with the machine shop, and they're running late; shipment of the machined parts will not be until the last day of November at present pace.

Assembly of the drivers and mounting of the LEDs will be done within the next two weeks or so still, but it looks like actual assembly of full flashlights won't happen until December.

I'm not entirely happy about this, but ultimately chose this machine shop for the Aeon run because they offer good, consistent quality, despite their long lead times. Of particular concern to me on this light are the knurls, which most other shops I'e used are reticent to do in titanium.

I will keep you posted as things progress here over the next few weeks, and look forward to getting this last batch of lights into your hands.

Take care.

Enrique

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Enrique...

I`m fine with whatever schedule and time frames that evolve in this project. Your focus and your efforts are not at all in doubt.

Keep up the good work, and thank you again for doing this second run.

John

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

The titanium parts have shipped out and should be here early next week. I will post some pictures when they arrive.

The 4500K 92 CRI Nichia 219 LEDs should be here in the next couple of days as well - I will be offering some of the extras from the reel up for sale after they arrive for anyone who wants to do their own projects with them.

I'll keep you all posted over the next few weeks.

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Folks,

I've got a few pictures for you all today. :)

8235267265_f287ca18ea_z.jpg

Made in USA

8235266773_3476b56926_z.jpg

The knurling turned out great.

8236333938_2778e3a960_z.jpg

Individually wrapped cases

8236335284_c4004a4e43_z.jpg

The titanium case and bezel

I'm still waiting on the new center pieces and LEDs to arrive, but things are on their way towards completion soon!

Enrique

nbp

Flashaholic
They look beautiful Enrique! If they are of the same quality as the Ti Nautili, folks should be very very happy. I hope to own one of these one day. :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.