• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrstormer

Banned
Enrique, have you sent shipment emails to people who will be receiving the first batch of lights, or something like that? Just so nobody has to wonder whether they should expect to receive a package.

Mostly I'm concerned about the possibility that a package could be lost or stolen (which happened to me once) and nobody would know anything went wrong, since not all of the lights are being shipped at once anyway.

Last edited:

jiuong

Newly Enlightened
I second what Fyrstomer said.

Thanks, Anthony for getting this run started.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
MarNav1: No, not since my post on Thursday, I'm still waiting on the board assembly house to finish getting the parts X-Rayed. Everyone here will know when I know.

Enrique

spongefile

Newly Enlightened
Again, prefer to wait for the perfect light rather than get a rush job. Besides, summer is well on its way here in Finland, so I won't really be needing lights again till August... ;D

dmk005

Newly Enlightened
I just sent you an email Enrique since I am just now learning that the status has changed on this project. I am surprised there were no emails sent to those who paid deposits since we all used PayPal. A two week window for me to check on this project is not very long, especially without push notifications.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
You can subscribe to any thread, so that anytime there are new posts you will be immediately notified via email.

Child of Rawls

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the delay but here are the beam shots (I prefer to light up real world scenes instead of drywall for color rendition purposes):

Reference:

Low:

Medium:

High:

A couple of cool notes.

First, the Aeon and Nautilus are indistinguishable to my naked eyes on high. Enrique might have more on that. Second, the pattern is very floody and I like that a lot. Third, note the color rendering. There are two red objects in the scene that really pop on high--the band saw blade guide on the upper left hand side of the picture and the Bessey Revo K-Clamp heads on the right hand side. Both looked very good. Another color rendering note, look at the fine gradations of white. The band saw body is green with a very slight off white but you can still see the difference when compared to the true white of the pegboard behind it in the upper left hand part of the frame.

If it were just the light alone I would be overjoyed but these things are built like a tank but feel like fine watches, smooth rolling threads and excellent machining. If you are in line, trust me, these are worth the wait. My review should be up in the next month or so.

persco

Enlightened
Awesome, Tony. Thanks. I can't wait for this light. And I hope we get a chance to put in for the Nautilus soon, too!

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give everyone an update here.

What appears to have happened is that two of the pins on the driver have shorted on several of the boards - this isn't an obvious short, either, to see it you have to look at it with a microscope, and then you can see a tiny bridge of solder between the two pins. I'm told that on the boards tried so far, when the bridge is removed, functionality returns to normal. I'm expecting to hear back from the assembly shop on a path forwards to fixing all the boards some time this week. I'm not pleased that this happened in the first place, but at least it's reasonably positive news.

persco: After the Aeons are done I'll open up for the Nautilus lights. It's a small batch of around 30, and will be done with a substantially faster turnaround time than this project was. Compared to the Aeon Mk. II you're looking at a bit of a smoother beam pattern, and close to double the runtime in a bit of a larger package to accommodate a CR123. All three modes are the same on both lights.

I'll keep you guys posted here over the next few days. I'm very much looking forward to wrapping on the project and getting these lights into your hands as soon as possible.

All the best,

Enrique

Status
Not open for further replies.