• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrstormer

Banned
Mine arrived today as well. Excellent craftsmanship, as always.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, the springs on my new lights needed a little tweaking. One was tilted up off the circuit board a little bit, causing some flickering when transitioning between levels 2 and 3; and the spring on the other wasn't stretched enough, causing the light to jump from level 1 straight to level 3. These kinds of minor issues are to be expected with a hand-built light, though, and they were easy enough to fix. I got out my soldering iron and reflowed the solder joint on the one spring, while holding the spring against the anode board with a screwdriver, and once it was repositioned it worked fine. The other spring just needed a bit of stretching while holding the outermost coil against the anode board, and access to level 2 was restored.

Last edited:

KeyeEl

Newly Enlightened
I haven't gotten mine yet and I am already wondering if I should have bought a spare... :whistle:

fyrstormer

Banned
It was an easy decision for me. I have other, non-flashlight tools that I've been using long enough that I've lost or broken the originals, and it's only because I was able to buy spares (sometimes used) that I'm able to continue using them. My EDC Aeon has proven to be a tool that I anticipate continuing to use for the indefinite future, and in the interest of making "indefinite" last as long as possible, buying spares was indisputably a good idea. I did the same with my other EDC lights, the McGizmo Sapphire and the Jetbeam TC-R2; all my spares are now relaxing together in my fire safe, waiting for their turns.

I probably don't need four Aeons, though. I may sell one of the original two-mode Aeons eventually, or gift it so a relative whom I trust to treat it well.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine last night as well. Very nice craftsmanship and operation. The tint of the lights are very nice and I am glad (as expected) that they are a bit more floody compared with the XR-E based original Aeons. Just a personal preference, but I do wish the Low were a bit lower.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy birthday to you... and do you like it? :popcorn:

Like it? I love it!!
Top notch craftsmanship, as expected, and the levels are nicely spaced (in brightness) though I do agree that the low could stand to be a bit lower. In terms of the levels "spacing" when twisting, they are fairly close, going from off to high in just under 180 degrees.
I've had a number of Enrique's lights over the years and always loved them but never carried them much since I would only EDC a light with a clip, resulting in either gifting to family or friends(ease of operation and crazy long run times make them good for non-flashaholics) or selling off. Well times have changed and after all these years and I have started to EDC "non-clip" lights and using a lanyard and gate clip for the past few months, which has gotten me back into the realm of CR2 lights and the Aeon will not be going anywhere but my pocket on most days!
Hope all that are still waiting get theirs soon!!

incline123

Newly Enlightened
I received mine Friday evening after returning home from my daughters High School graduation. Love the quality, tint, size, brightness spacing and ease of twisting between the individual brightness settings. I was originally concerned about the brightness of the lowest level. I have been using a Mako flood everyday since I received it(approx. 1.5 years). Although the low could be a little lower, I think it will be fine because the beam on the Aeon Mk.II isn't as "floody" as the Mako flood. All in all, I am very happy with the Aeon Mk.II!!!. My new edc. Thanks Enrique! Your the "Bomb".

shadowstorm

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, still haven't received mine either. Just waiting for word on when the last batch goes out before I get worried.

Hoosier Light

Newly Enlightened
After almost giving up hope and figuring mine was lost or in the last batch, I got my Aeon yesterday...on my birthday. The best present I can imagine. Spectacular light (just like I thought it would be).

nbp

Flashaholic
If E says all the lights are out and a week goes by, THEN start to worry. We don't even know if all are in the mail yet so I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

The next batch of lights has been built and is shipping out tomorrow morning, which puts us at about 80% shipped. I'll keep you all posted as the rest go out.

Please do not be concerned about your lights until after I've posted here that all lights have shipped and you still haven't received it 1-2 weeks later. I'm sorry that I don't have a better system with automatic notifications on shipping or otherwise, but all of you will be getting your lights soon, it'll just be a few more days.

I hear ya, but another day with nothing and you start to wonder if you aren't SOL.:shakehead

Given as there have been people posting here that they have been receiving their lights, and batches have been going out for the last several days, I'm not sure why you would feel that you're "SOL". However, if you really feel that way I'd be happy to refund your money, just e-mail me at [email protected].

I'm glad to see that the lights are reaching their homes, and thanks to all of you for your patience throughout the project. I hope that the end result has proven to have been worth the wait!

All the best,

Enrique
(Edit: I have a Stainless Steel Aeon Mk. II available for $500 shipped worldwide, only one was made. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you're interested.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.