TLF Dobermann Pro XHP 35 HI Review

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just worried about the light having bad efficiency on the highest mode. I read some reviews of the prime C2, another Armytek with the XHP35 and it has a very bad efficiency at the max output. I think that the 5.7 A may actually be true, meaning that the driver efficiency on the highest mode is very low.

On the other hand, everything else with this lamp seems wonderful, even the tint seems great.

Turbo2 level is high for a single 18650 and will get a short runtime with even the best 18650 and the most efficient circuit. I am satisfied with turbo1 with around 1hour runtime. But you can get the Barracuda battery tube and run it with 2x18650 and that will surely give an hour or so runtime with turbo2. Yes; the added length may be a drawback because the single 18650 size is perfect in the hand.

Kivatch

Newly Enlightened
Turbo2 level is high for a single 18650 and will get a short runtime with even the best 18650 and the most efficient circuit. I am satisfied with turbo1 with around 1hour runtime. But you can get the Barracuda battery tube and run it with 2x18650 and that will surely give an hour or so runtime with turbo2. Yes; the added length may be a drawback because the single 18650 size is perfect in the hand.

Recieved the light, it's awesome. It lasts 92 minutes in Turbo 1 with constant brightness before stepping down ! I use a 3400 mAh 18650. Like you said, the tint is great. It looks the same as tungsten car lights.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recieved the light, it's awesome. It lasts 92 minutes in Turbo 1 with constant brightness before stepping down ! I use a 3400 mAh 18650. Like you said, the tint is great. It looks the same as tungsten car lights.

Wow, that's better than I thought. Thanks for the info, I thought I earlier read a test of 64min or so at turbo1 but maybe mixed it up with some other light.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must have 25 AT's now. It is strange. My overall favorites are the Pred pro v2.5CW and its XPG2 perfection, any XPL Pred Pro and the XBH Pred Pro's are shockingly good despite the lower output. The beam profile out of the XBH Pred Pro as well as BOTH the CW and NW XBH tints are two of the most perfect and beautiful beam profiles I have ever seen.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Dobermann XHP35 warm white.
I use to have the turbo mode at level1 because it's bright enough and save runtime and the light will not easy overheat. But every time I replace the battery it resets to turbomode2 level. Is this normal?

Latest posts