• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM06vn - True Tiny Monster MUST HAVE!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Did you guys see the pic of how thin the reflector is?! ~100K lux is astonishing!

output and throw for this size class put it in a league of it's own

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man this light looks sick!
Would be an ideal backpack light for camping.
Ok I will start saving for the PDTN XML2 version :)
Awesome work as usual Vinh!
How long can you run it on Turbo before its too hot to hold?
Thanks
Ty

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Man this light looks sick!
Would be an ideal backpack light for camping.
Ok I will start saving for the PDTN XML2 version :)
Awesome work as usual Vinh!
How long can you run it on Turbo before its too hot to hold?
Thanks
Ty

Smart thermal management keeps heat under control. Depends on ambident temp when it step down. Very safe light.

Used light outdoor for a while last night in the rain and love it. Heat was not problem.

ike1985

Enlightened
:laughing:

tbh its a tough call as the de-dome appeals too,the u3 de-dome would have the perfect choice for me but too many issues with the batch of u3 leds(greens). Otherwise i would have 100% gone that way.

I just love small lights and walls of light,just so useful ,so the u3 was next although the PDTn is a good choice too. I just prefer the cooler end of tints in general or 5500k on.........

Pdtc brah, don be scurred of the u3 dedome, it's the best you can get and it kicks butt. My xml2 dome on tx25c2vn was pretty blinding b4, but when I upgrade to u3dedome pdtc-holy crap it's way more blinding and intense. And the tint is whitish yellow, more on the white.

Capolini

Banned
Did you guys see the pic of how thin the reflector is?! ~100K lux is astonishing!

output and throw for this size class put it in a league of it's own

I do not understand this..I have asked you to give an estimate on a few lights and you won't touch it. Then, a light like this[and a few others] you are willing to give an estimate?:shrug:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
As measured by selfbuilt to ANSI FL1 standards the MM15vn Dedome does 37Kcd. I found Vinhs statement about this having alot more throw than the MM15vn Dedome a 'Wow' because of the modest current bump and tiny reflector.

You are right, I remembered it wrong. Thanks for the correction.

As to why - XM-L2 surface brightness is MASSIVELY higher compared to MT-G2, especially when de-domed, therefore you can get much more throw from a relatively small reflector. MT-G2 just has such a large surface area that you need massive reflectors even to get moderate throw. For small lights, unless you want flood only, XM-L2 is a far superior choice.

ven

Flashaholic
Pdtc brah, don be scurred of the u3 dedome, it's the best you can get and it kicks butt. My xml2 dome on tx25c2vn was pretty blinding b4, but when I upgrade to u3dedome pdtc-holy crap it's way more blinding and intense. And the tint is whitish yellow, more on the white.

Vinh is not recommending it on his U3s as he said they give a green tint,so going off his advise:)

If guaranteed PDTc u3 then i would go that way

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not understand this..I have asked you to give an estimate on a few lights and you won't touch it. Then, a light like this[and a few others] you are willing to give an estimate?:shrug:

If he makes a guess, and is off, people will complain. If he doesn't, he gets posts and messages asking for his guess. No-win.

If he feels confident enough to hazard a guess, that is great. If not, that is the question lux meters and Justin's thread are designed to answer.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I reserve the right to give estimate when I feel comfortable and when I don't.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its seams like thrower are harder to guess the lux for. This light is easier as there is a lot of lights below this light in throw and more then this light in throw so its much easier to estimate imo

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened
Flat-top cells work good? Or button needed?

I've got mine here and it does need at least two button top cells. Inside it has two raised button and two springs. The tail has two flats and two springs.

Capolini

Banned
If he makes a guess, and is off, people will complain. If he doesn't, he gets posts and messages asking for his guess. No-win.

If he feels confident enough to hazard a guess, that is great. If not, that is the question lux meters and Justin's thread are designed to answer.

I understand what you are saying.

So the best solution is either you ALWAYS give an estimate or you NEVER give one! For lack of a better phrase, "Picking and choosing" is the frustrating part. There can be different reasons for NOT being comfortable.

I also firmly believe, regardless of what type of light, that he would have SOME kind of estimate with all of his experience, knowledge and the hundreds of lights he has modded, the hundreds of gifs and beam shots that he has done.

Vinh is going to do what he feels is best. That is the bottom line!

EDIT: Regarding Justins thread. He is very helpful, however a lot of people would want to know the numbers BEFORE they buy a light.

On the other hand If Vinh sent Justin ALL his lights then the customer could wait and see if the numbers were that important to him!

OK,,,,,,,,BACK TO THE TM06vn!:D

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I rarely work by "ALWAYS" & "NEVER" when it comes to technology. As you said, I will do what I feel best. That is the bottom line.

I understand what you are saying.

So the best solution is either you ALWAYS give an estimate or you NEVER give one! For lack of a better phrase, "Picking and choosing" is the frustrating part. There can be different reasons for NOT being comfortable.

I also firmly believe, regardless of what type of light, that he would have SOME kind of estimate with all of his experience, knowledge and the hundreds of lights he has modded, the hundreds of gifs and beam shots that he has done.

Vinh is going to do what he feels is best. That is the bottom line!

EDIT: Regarding Justins thread. He is very helpful, however a lot of people would want to know the numbers BEFORE they buy a light.

On the other hand If Vinh sent Justin ALL his lights then the customer could wait and see if the numbers were that important to him!

OK,,,,,,,,BACK TO THE TM06vn!:D

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the best solution is either you ALWAYS give an estimate or you NEVER give one! For lack of a better phrase, "Picking and choosing" is the frustrating part.

Obviously from the buyer's perspective, it would be better if Vinh had accurate lumen and lux numbers from the outset. But Vinh has his reasons (time and cost undoubtedly feature in that list), and I think giving out estimates when he is comfortable is MUCH better than feeling obligated to do it for every light, even when he really doesn't know. Some information is better than none...and giving out numbers that aren't at least reasonably close doesn't help anyone.

Capolini

Banned
I rarely work by "ALWAYS" & "NEVER" when it comes to technology. As you said, I will do what I feel best. That is the bottom line.

My last comment on this!

The only reason I said "Always" or "Never" is because it would be consistent and people would know what to expect.:)

QUI RIPOSA IN PACE!

Latest posts