• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN35vn Fiat Lux Build (You can win this light!)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh iv wanted to see a build thread from you so bad !!!. Very will done and so easy to follow although i will not be trying this lol. i cant even dedome an led.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh iv wanted to see a build thread from you so bad !!!. Very will done and so easy to follow although i will not be trying this lol. i cant even dedome an led.

I had so many requests to see a build so I took this opportunity to have a little fun with it. :)

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, I have to say I'm very disappointed. There are a whole bunch of steps missing.

5.5 - Burn fingers, put under cool water, apply antiobitic cream, bandage.
7.5 - Scratch up the head of the light so it looks suitably used and abused.
8.5 - Ruid LED trying to get it off.
13.5 - Burn fingers again.
14.1 - Seat the LED off center.
17.1 - Destroy driver, yell in rage, throw everything at the nearest wall.
18 - Send light to Vinh to mod, and go have a drink.

hikingman

Enlightened
Vinh, I have to say I'm very disappointed. There are a whole bunch of steps missing.

5.5 - Burn fingers, put under cool water, apply antiobitic cream, bandage.
7.5 - Scratch up the head of the light so it looks suitably used and abused.
8.5 - Ruid LED trying to get it off.
13.5 - Burn fingers again.
14.1 - Seat the LED off center.
17.1 - Destroy driver, yell in rage, throw everything at the nearest wall.

18 - Send light to Vinh to mod, and go have a drink.

18- Brilliant idea :)

ven

Flashaholic
Like it IE ,so true :laughing: ,i would get up to 5.5 and throw it, so i guess i would be at No 18 before you :laughing:
Fanatstic pics and write up vinh ,:twothumbs looks so easy and takes 5 mins to do..............yeh right :laughing:

Very interesting :) thank you:)

ncvarmint

Newly Enlightened
Vinh
now long does it take from start to finish on that mod? 30 minutes or am i way off
if you dont mind my asking

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh
now long does it take from start to finish on that mod? 30 minutes or am i way off
if you dont mind my asking

Minus all the pictures it takes me about an hour if I am fast. Took me 2.5 hours for this mod as I ran into some issues. A little issue can take a while.

BarryG

Enlightened
Nice to see the steps and time involved in one of your mods Vinh. So many lights to mod,do you ever sleep? :p

Barry

Tracker II

Enlightened
As one of those who only knows how to use Superglue and Duct Tape, I am gape-jawed right now.

85coke

Newly Enlightened
That's a lot more work than I expected. From my experience working with RC cars and other electronics; I know one unexpected issue or mistake can cost multiple hours of time. It's impressive how many lights you're able to mod.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
That's a lot more work than I expected. From my experience working with RC cars and other electronics; I know one unexpected issue or mistake can cost multiple hours of time. It's impressive how many lights you're able to mod.

When things a re cranking a long things move real fast. When there is an issue that is driving me nut I learn to just just drop everything and walk away for a while. :)

stewdogg

Enlightened
When things a re cranking a long things move real fast. When there is an issue that is driving me nut I learn to just just drop everything and walk away for a while. :)

When you learn this is when the student becomes the teacher... Vinh sensei!!
This has proven to hurt me, my tools and whatever is within throwing distance much less:)

Very nice write up!!!

Last edited:

T-man

Newly Enlightened
and now we all can see why he deserves the $$$ the lights cost
that is a LOT of work:eek:

Latest posts