• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36UTvn - Pop Can King

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gives me a chance to see Neutral White beamshots and specs: I'm too chicken to decide if I want neutral white, without lumens spec and beamshot.
I'm a neutral nut but the shaved dome option seems to be the best option. Great tint and more throw (not that this is a throwy light but it's better than PURE flood).

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think i want pure flood lol.
Well as WIDE as the spill is, and considering that even with shaved domes it only make 60k candela (which is pretty dang low for THIRTEEN THOUSAND lumens), I'd say it's pretty much pure flood anyways :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well as WIDE as the spill is, and considering that even with shaved domes it only make 60k candela (which is pretty dang low for THIRTEEN THOUSAND lumens), I'd say it's pretty much pure flood anyways :)

yeah - I think 60kcd is coming from the brute force of 13k lumen haha.

hikingman

Enlightened
thats good... gives me sometime to decide if I want neutral or dome shave lol

My favorite "neutral" tint remains the MTG2 but I'll have to say my new SR96vn has an extremely nice tint. The MtG2 is warm in the magenta direction and XHP70 warm in the yellowish direction. Just slightly in each case. Both are what I'll call "neutral".

Dave

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite neutral tint of all time is the ones from the k40vn! Best tint out of all 65 lights that I have.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite "neutral" tint remains the MTG2 but I'll have to say my new SR96vn has an extremely nice tint. The MtG2 is warm in the magenta direction and XHP70 warm in the yellowish direction. Just slightly in each case. Both are what I'll call "neutral".

Dave

I agree - mtg2 is still my favorite led

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
And I trust your judgement on that which is why I have shaved domes coming (that's what you mean by dedomed right?)

Dedome and shave dome techniques are different but the goal is the same. Lets just call everything dedome from now on.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dedome and shave dome techniques are different but the goal is the same. Lets just call everything dedome from now on.
I know the goal is the same but you don't fully dedome XHP-70 right? Is that because it ruins the emitter or something?

Update: mine is "out for delivery" :)

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
22013aaf275f63270631d5c7b1243e5d.jpg