• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT TripLED Surefire E-series incan bezel mod service

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
what cell should I use for the triple XP-E2 mod in an E2E?

I get back to the USA tomorrow, so I'll start saving some cash up to get this done!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ Eric242 & Billbo...

Thanks for the great beamshots, guys... Eric, I still remember those basement beamshots from my early days when I started lurking CPF, some 3-4 years ago... now I see light that I made lighting up those walls - so cool...

Anyway... as much as I like those Pelican cases (I have four different ones, I think) I just can't stand not having all of my beauties exposed behind glass in the cabinet - so I can just glance at them throughout the day... if they were enclosed I'd probably unpack them at least once a day to "feel" them in hands and click each one few times... :) Just like a kid, like my wife says...

@ tobrien,

AndyF is straight to the point, Kinoko IMR 17650 is probably the best deal and rather good performance cell... also good choice is AW protected 17670 cell but they are a little more and they are limited to 3.2 Amps in constant current draw where IMR can withstand amperage of way more than that - I recommend IMR 17650 for T1000 mod where about 4.2-4.3 Amps is pulled from a freshly charged cell...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using Kinoko IMR 17650 (1200 mAh) from Illumination Supply. Been happy with them.

@ tobrien,

AndyF is straight to the point, Kinoko IMR 17650 is probably the best deal and rather good performance cell... also good choice is AW protected 17670 cell but they are a little more and they are limited to 3.2 Amps in constant current draw where IMR can withstand amperage of way more than that - I recommend IMR 17650 for T1000 mod where about 4.2-4.3 Amps is pulled from a freshly charged cell...

thank you both! I appreciate the quick replies :D

I have tried fitting an AW 17670 black in my E2E (before I went to Australia) and it doesn't fit without getting stuck, so I guess I'll have better luck with a Kinoko? Or are they too close in dimensions to risk it?

Is it recommended to get my E2E bored?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you both! I appreciate the quick replies :D

I have tried fitting an AW 17670 black in my E2E (before I went to Australia) and it doesn't fit without getting stuck, so I guess I'll have better luck with a Kinoko? Or are they too close in dimensions to risk it?

Is it recommended to get my E2E bored?

If one doesn't fit, other won't as well...

But no need for boring, it's an easy fix...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana, one more question: the E2E head when modded can fit on those aftermarket E-series bodies right? I'm gonna use it with the SF body (I ordered some Kinoko 17650 cells as y'all recommended from Illumn/IS just this morning after responding you two), but if I found, say, an 18650 e-capable body, do you think that'd work okay?

edit: I'm asking out of curiosity for future reference really. the E2E body is a beauty. :)

Last edited:

tjhabak

Enlightened
I've had very good luck with the Keepower and Efest 16650 batteries. Some of my E series bodies take 17mm cells and some don't but they all readily accept the 16650's. I still haven't found any IMR 16650's though.

tjhabak

Enlightened
Tobrien, I'm so glad you're gonna have Tana mod your E series head. Trust me....you will not be disappointed!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to stop coming to this forum. I just ordered two Keeppower 16650s from Illumination Supply.

Icehole

Enlightened
I need to stop coming to this forum. I just ordered two Keeppower 16650s from Illumination Supply.

It is not a forum, it is a support group! :D
To my fellow enablers, I would like to say:

"Hi, my name is David, and I am a Flashaholic!"

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LX2 head on E1T w McTC is simply amazing! :thumbsup:

This is just theory, I posted for few guys to see what the idea is (Tom came up with it)... It involves LM1... :)

Finding LM1 is rather hard plus Surefire is somewhat confusing about it, we've seen them BLACK HA but Surefire lists them as olive-drab HA... so it's an ongoing project... that may never happen... but IF we get it somehow, the two lego'd lamps would look very close as on those photos up there... :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
This bad boy:

http://www.surefire.com/lm1.html

Surefire is a little confusing about the finish of it, all we've seen were HA black (which is what we really want) but Surefire page says it's "Mil-Spec hard-anodized finish in Olive Drab Green"... black - we like... OD - not so much...

So upper part of head finishes in one combo and lower part (which should be U2 threads compatible) goes on 2nd combo - so two unique lego's with Surefire parts... but not many people have LM1 to be able to tell us if we're getting anything wrong here... :)

erehwyrevekool

Enlightened
This is my EDC but need a good LED tower :whistle: for a more compact setup, with AW ICR battery!

14301073890_812477eca5_o.jpg

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana,

If I supply the driver can that be used instead of the options you provide Tana? How (if at all) would this effect the price?

Actually, I also just realised I have a Noctigon triple Nichia 219 sitting here doing nothing as well...

Cheers,

- Matt