too many nice lites !!!

mulotozink

Newly Enlightened
When you have too many Novatac flashlights, surefire and other high quality lights, do you ever feel like getting a cheap flashlight like a m@glite to throw around?

Ps I've never owned a mag.
sad.!

Last edited:

Numbers

Enlightened
No
I think most people buy them first before they find quality. I have a small bunch of cheap lights around (bought befor finding CPF) that only see use in power outages to light a room while my good stuff stays on my or by my side.

Supernam

Enlightened
I consider my lights tools, so I don't fret over most of my light's aesthetics. My most expensive light is an SF L6 with SSC P4. It has significant amount of nicks here and there. I took it hiking in Yosemite at night and it has had some bumps with granite. Anything of Fenix quality/cost or less is considered a beater light.

Jvalera

Newly Enlightened
Yeah Im A victim ... but I dont consider maglite's to be cheap. Inexpensive
is the word i would use.,but then again considering the workmanship and quality of a maglite..IMHO it would be a shame to just throw around and abuse. well that's just me .. as Lately since I just got tired of Surefires, Ive
been collecting em colored 3d Mags and fitting them with kinda pricy drop-ins. I have 6 un- ordinary ones ..what for? ..Idont know...lol.. Eyecandy
I wouldnt hesitate to trash a Surefire if I had to.come to think of it I did.:)

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. I go to the dollar store and buy a flashlight for a buck. Then I chop it up with the dremel and see what kind of batteries I can fit inside (other than the 2xAA or 2xD it was originally designed to take).

SaVaGe

Enlightened
I consider my lights tools, so I don't fret over most of my light's aesthetics. My most expensive light is an SF L6 with SSC P4. It has significant amount of nicks here and there. I took it hiking in Yosemite at night and it has had some bumps with granite. Anything of Fenix quality/cost or less is considered a beater light.

I think fenix are nice lights. Infact, im buying my first L2D Q5, P1d Q5, L1D, LOD AND T1 all at same time. Do you think im waisting my money?
Pls. advise.
Im getting 2 L2d and 3 P1d. i heard lotsa good things bout them. I have about 9 surefires.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think fenix are nice lights. Infact, im buying my first L2D Q5, P1d Q5, L1D, LOD AND T1 all at same time. Do you think im waisting my money?
Pls. advise.
Im getting 2 L2d and 3 P1d. i heard lotsa good things bout them. I have about 9 surefires.

Fenix makes great lights, you're certainly not wasting your money as they are probably one of the best values out there as far as flashlights go. You hear lots of good things about them for a reason. :) If you do business with great dealers like fenix-store.com you will have nothing to worry about.

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Fenix makes great lights, you're certainly not wasting your money as they are probably one of the best values out there as far as flashlights go. You hear lots of good things about them for a reason. :) If you do business with great dealers like fenix-store.com you will have nothing to worry about.

Wade, thanks for the motivation!
i think i will pull the trigger this monday. I have dealt with Lighthound and they are ok so far. I havent dealt with Fenix store but i hear good things bout them. Its about $510 for all of the lights i want. I think ill give my business to fenix store this time just to see.

thanks

Supernam

Enlightened
Pls. advise.

No way, that's not what I'm saying at all. I LOVE Fenix, don't get me wrong at all. I'm just saying that as illumination TOOLS, I don't worry too much about their aesthetics. What I mean by beater lights, is that I can toss them about and not be heartbroken if their finish got scratched. The fact they can function just fine with rugged use is a compliment.

SaVaGe

Enlightened
No way, that's not what I'm saying at all. I LOVE Fenix, don't get me wrong at all. I'm just saying that as illumination TOOLS, I don't worry too much about their aesthetics. What I mean by beater lights, is that I can toss them about and not be heartbroken if their finish got scratched. The fact they can function just fine with rugged use is a compliment.

:thumbsup: thanks

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny u ask this, I just bought a Terralux drop-in for my 3D M@G and its quite the "beater" light. (no pun intended) I would never call a M@G cheap, just as long as you get a better emitter for it. And if I lose it, its not THAT big of a deal!

Mayo

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Yup! I seem to to this with all things I buy!

I remember when I was a child, I got a SAK, I then wanted another crappy one to "use"! I said to my friend that this one was too nice to use... and that I wanted anoter that I could use. I have always been like this, I seem to buy stuff I like, not just because I need to use that particular item. Certain lights I buy are just lying around, even though they would be the best ones to use. I then have cheaper ones that I dare to use.
And the thing is, the things, light, knives etc, dont have to be that expansive either! I just like them to much to use them or something. The things I do dare to use, and that works good, i really start to like and appreciate. I think Im to scared to loose it or wreck it. Before I bought the thing, I have probably wanted it for a long time, and saved up some money for it, and when I finally get it Im to scared to use it because I might loose it.
I think this is something psychological for me. Might see someone about that some day... :)

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ flashspy: What you need to do, is go out with all your nice lights that you should use but don't, and throw them on the road a couple of times. Now they're already scratched, you won't be afraid to use them! ;)

Personally, I buy lights to use. To me, not using them would be a waste of money.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Savage, maybe try a P1D before you buy a bunch of them. I don't really like my P1D, but it's not so bad if I forget my EDC. I'm thinking that a P2D would make a much better light than a P1D.

A P1D has a shorter reflector, so it doesn't put out as nice of a beam as its counterparts. It is a more floody light.