Not open for further replies.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
OMG, I'm a cation!

Are you sure?

Yeah, I'm positive!

D'OH!
crackup.gif

I won't point fingers at who started the negativity... Well, not directly at him, anyway :)

No need to point; just watch for the giant flashing neon sign that says "Oh, crap! Somebody pointed out how and why the product I bought is a scam! Now I have to get all defensive, otherwise people will think less of me because I bought a scam product!". (actually, a neon sign that says all that would be expensive and difficult to make, so just look for the one that says "FAIL".)
hahaha.gif

Popularity of those Fatboy bulbs and tinted bulbs in general always helps demonstrate how the eye/brain are so poor at gauging their own performance.

Well, that and proving that marketing works. Remember, most people think they're not influenced by advertising…and yet advertising remains a multibillion-dollar industry.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that and proving that marketing works. Remember, most people think they're not influenced by advertising…and yet advertising remains a multibillion-dollar industry.

And don't forget peer pressure-- everyone else on madtytejdm.com says they rule, so OBVIOUSLY they do. Who wants to be the loser with plain ol' yellow* bulbs?

*by yellow, I mean white, but "d00d those fatboys with the cobalt blue tint are mad white and mad tyte compared to my yellow OE bulbz!"

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
And don't forget peer pressure-- everyone else on madtytejdm.com says they rule, so OBVIOUSLY they do. Who wants to be the loser with plain ol' yellow* bulbs?

*by yellow, I mean white, but "d00d those fatboys with the cobalt blue tint are mad white and mad tyte compared to my yellow OE bulbz!"

And there like 16,000k which is so kewl!

(I'm actually amazed at the lack of common sense by the younger generation...they've got all us old farts to learn from...especially lighting 'cause the physics of light haven't changed. Are they really that ignorant?)

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
And there like 16,000k which is so kewl!

LOL TOTALLY SICK BIGGER KELVIN'S IS BETTER DUH LOL HEH OMG

(I'm actually amazed at the lack of common sense by the younger generation...they've got all us old farts to learn from...especially lighting 'cause the physics of light haven't changed. Are they really that ignorant?)

UR A NOOB OR SOMETHING I GESS U GOT THAT OFF WEBSITE'S FROM LIKE 2004 AND ITS 2010 HELLO ITS CALLED INOVATION. PSYCHICS DOENST MATTER IM NOT DRIVING WITH PSYCHICS IM DRIVING WITH HEADLIGHTS AND MY 16000K HID KIT LET'S ME SEE FAST ENUOGF TO GO 120 MPH PER HOURS WITHOUT GETTING BEAM DOWNS LIKE BEFORE. LOL LOL LOL OMG HEH NOOB

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
LOL TOTALLY SICK BIGGER KELVIN'S IS BETTER DUH LOL HEH OMG

UR A NOOB OR SOMETHING I GESS U GOT THAT OFF WEBSITE'S FROM LIKE 2004 AND ITS 2010 HELLO ITS CALLED INOVATION. PSYCHICS DOENST MATTER IM NOT DRIVING WITH PSYCHICS IM DRIVING WITH HEADLIGHTS AND MY 16000K HID KIT LET'S ME SEE FAST ENUOGF TO GO 120 MPH PER HOURS WITHOUT GETTING BEAM DOWNS LIKE BEFORE. LOL LOL LOL OMG HEH NOOB

LMAO!

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
With some relays and diodes, you can make your own pretty easily, just gotta think about it for a while. You might have to use two relays, one for each function, to keep it simple.

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
With some relays and diodes, you can make your own pretty easily, just gotta think about it for a while. You might have to use two relays, one for each function, to keep it simple.

I've thought about doing that; but I would rather have a professionally made one instead. :twothumbs

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
I am still a but unsure about how to pull the switched high beam without hacking the circuit. I was hoping to use an add-a-fuse off the high beam, but then I ran into the negative switching thing. It really is peculiar. I've done pretty well so far, I've go a fused power coming from the battery, through the relay, and on to the aux light, ground on the relay trigger and aux light direct to a grounding stud. My only problem is hooking the relay trigger to the high beams. Can you dumb it down for me?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still a but unsure about how to pull the switched high beam without hacking the circuit. I was hoping to use an add-a-fuse off the high beam, but then I ran into the negative switching thing. It really is peculiar. I've done pretty well so far, I've go a fused power coming from the battery, through the relay, and on to the aux light, ground on the relay trigger and aux light direct to a grounding stud. My only problem is hooking the relay trigger to the high beams. Can you dumb it down for me?

You just resurrected a thread that was inactive since July, 2010. It probably would be better to start your own thread, and to not start one without searching the forums for one that may already answer your question, or at least as far as where to get a custom harness made for you. For example, this one. There may be others that describe the specific wiring so that you may finish your own relay set.

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link, but I'm really just looking for a source that is switched with the high beams to use as the signal for my relay.

I found a work around that I'm going to use. Many of the HID kits have an extension with male and female 9005/9006 ends on either side. I'm going to use this to give me a good spot to splice off the negative side of the circuit. This will allow me to get the signal without hacking my factory harness(may main concern). Not my ideal solution, but it will work.

Hot linked image deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts