Tri-EDC

taewoopa

Enlightened
Definitely.... I am IN for all kinds of Customs , one cell and two cells ... ane more...............................................

Please notifiy me as usual when ready. :poke:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1050107-vi.jpg

Mac, I see in the pic above that the drive level is specified as DC 4.8 - 9.5. Would a single cell be underdriving it? If so, it's cool but somewhat lacking, no?

Also - what can we expect for options on the on the XP-G LEDs? Will you be offering the 3000K warm 7D bins similar to Nailbender P60 drop-ins?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please add me to the interested list as well, preferably Ti, and would be very nice if there was the slightest of crenelations on the head too. Nothing too aggressive of course.

fyrstormer

Banned
Everybody's goin' "Tri" these days. :D

That's wild-lookin', Mac! I'm in! :takeit: :wow:
That's how they go, from singles to arrays, back to singles, back to arrays, as efficiency outweighs heat dissipation and vice-versa. We'll probably see them go as high as arrays of 10 emitters before the super-efficient sapphire-based emitters become marketable and things go back to single emitters again.

I'd really like to see one of these built using Rebel ES emitters, or maybe SSC Z5s when they finally come out with a Hi-CRI variant.

flashfiend

Enlightened
Please, no crenellations for me. I want the lines to remain as beautiful and clean as your EDC. As for LEDs, I'd like neutral as well.

AFAIK being that these are Lux-RC modules, I believe the LED options are a cool 6500k XP-G R5 1C/1T tints and a neutral 4500k XP-G R4 4C tint. The options may be different if Mac custom orders them with different LEDs. Mac, please correct me if I am wrong.

Hopefully, the 2-cell EDC is not much longer than the sst-50 EDC. I can't wait to see the prototype.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the french term is GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!

Mac, that is an absolute work of art (you ever get tired of me saying that?)
So, for the one and two cell, would IMR still be required for the highest high you plan on offering?
What kind of beam pattern/divergence angles are you getting with those optics?

Can't wait for the sales thread!

Last edited: