Tri-V Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I have been following the Spy lights for years, and have been especially impressed with the design and development of the Tri-V. I will have one of these...oh yes.

My question for you lucky owners out there is if anyone has measured the peak output of the aspheric on high using a lux meter. Readings taken at distances greater than 3 meters should be more accurate, but to know we would need the results at a few different distances beyond that.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The next batch of lights will be a double of about 10 lights. If the build continues to go well they will be ready early next week. Four of the lights are spoken for so about six are available.

Cheers
Dave

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great news Dave! I guess you've got assembly down to a science at this point!:twothumbs

Karl

easilyled

Flashaholic
2 different Spy 007s:-

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1825-1.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

Last edited:

fasteddie

Enlightened
Don't listen to them. :nana: I appreciate the comparison shots. How they compared size wise was one of my big questions. I hope to answer it person in a week or so.

proline

Enlightened
The next batch of lights will be a double of about 10 lights. If the build continues to go well they will be ready early next week. Four of the lights are spoken for so about six are available.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

Might I assume I am one of the four or somewhere in the 10, maybe?? I am still interested...plus knowing will give me a chance to fire up the printing press for the needed $$$$ :eek:

Just kidding, I'm ready... :rolleyes:

I'll also be wanting a General Purpose Rail Adapter and lens covers when available.

Thanks... :D

"These next five are gifted to the top of the next batch of lights:

gtwace
proline
ledcarry
fasteddie
smokelaw1"

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Dave,
I sent you an email...please let me know what you think.

The PU1 did something terribly funky to my Tri-V!:(

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Dave,
I sent you an email...please let me know what you think.

The PU1 did something terribly funky to my Tri-V!:(

I got your email. Sorry. Send it back and I will fix it up. Sounds like the XP-G has failed but I will not know for sure till I take it apart.

Cheers
Dave

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Cdn dollar vs the US dollar sure isn't helping "my cause". Gone from par to wayyyyy down there again:eek: which mean my price keeps going up
Christo_pull_hair.gif

fyrstormer

Banned
Gahd blessit, I remember when I thought I'd have to go to confession after spending $550 on a McGizmo LS20 -- and I'm not even Catholic. Those days are long gone. But $2000 for a single flashlight...sweet bearded baby Jesus, it's just too much. It's almost a tenth of the cost of my new car! All I'll ever be able to afford is to save the pictures to my hard drive. :mecry:

Hey data, maybe someday, once you've mastered the production process for this and you've figured out the best "default" configuration, you can offer a less expensive version with some stainless in place of particularly expensive titanium parts and a driver that doesn't have quite so many options. Thinking in terms of the features I'd actually use, the mix of different emitter types is great, but all I'd ever need is a couple of brightness settings each, and maybe an "everything on full-blast" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.