Tri-V Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledcarry

Enlightened
Congratulations to all the new Tri-v owners/testers! We thank all of you for providing all the great review data and beam shots to share with us. Thank you Data for designing and building this truly remarkable and amazing high-end lighting device. I hope I get the chance to get one of these babies when they become available. :)

JM

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
As for the TITAN / Tri-V comparison for low..:thinking:..:crackup::crackup::crackup:...LOL!!!..There is no comparison!!!
The Tri-V makes the Titan look bright!
There are some photos below that show the Titan, 007 Cree, and Tri-V on low.
Please note the the 007 can still go MUCH MUCH Lower! and so can the Tri-V!!:eek:oo:
Just check out the comparison pic of the Titan and Tri-V's MC-E!!:naughty:...Now THATS LOW!!..as is the pic of the Titan and Tri-V's XP-G!!

Titan (Top)---007 Cree (Bottom)---Tri-V's XP-G (Right)
001-58.jpg

Titan VS. Tri-V's MC-E
002-65.jpg

Titan VS. Tri-V XP-G
003-63.jpg
So you're saying that even if I can't afford a Tri-V I can get an 007 and have output noticeably lower than a Titan!!!

Thanks so much for these pics!

The more I look at them and think of the possibilities the more I wish Data would make a single cell light that used the same interface with this ultra low capability. It would be the best small light on earth if if could have a click UI like the 007 already has just with the head turning, or a ring as is becoming common lately.

Now like many others I find myself contemplating how much I'm willing to go into debt to acquire a Tri-V!

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dafabricata, what camera are you using to shoot these great shots?

Karl

Hi Karl!

IMO all the pics everyone has posted so far look great!:wave:

I am using a Canon SX110 IS.
Probably what is refered to as a "point & shoot"
It is almost always mounted on a tripod for a steady clean shot.
A lot of time is also spent on trying different lighting to help bring out the details.

The more I use this light, the more I fall in love with it!:grin2:
Now that I fully understand how it works, the levels and emitter selection keeps getting changed....its soooo easy!

I just need to figure out how to set the 4 memories, and I'll be set!

I have 6 AW IMR 16430 rechargables that have been getting used instead of primaries, which allows the Tri-V to be run at insane levels!
As Data has stated, ultra high output is only used for short runs, but seeing the output is really impressive!:faint:

For me, the cost of this light is well worth it! I have yet to find something I don't like about it. :D...BY FAR, my most favorite light EVER!!:party:

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Your shots are alwways great and I am envious!:D

This really IS one AMAZING light is right! I just ordered 1/2 dozen of the IMR batteries from AW so, I have yet to experience the full "coming into the light" but I will, I will! Happy flashing!;)

Karl

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
As impressive as I expected. I wonder if any of you have one of the aspherics Mags to compare it to?

Dave, you should think about offering that aluminum mount holder you show in first set of your pix. I could see that being a nice thing for holding the light in a directed position.

Testers, finding any bugs or things with software that can be improved upon?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in a bit of a mess at my home at this point--since I retired I've got everything torn up and 90% of my lights are in "storage"--inaccessible but, I was able to dig out a C Mag with a 50mm (?) aspheric up front--I think Ledean built it as I can remember. The Tri-V isn't in the same league just giving it some comparisons in my basement. The beam of the Tri-V is 9-12X the size as the C mag and there is a vast difference in intensity. Now, that is running the Tri-V with the XR-E at 1000 mA and, I could go to 2000 but I think I'm going to need some AW IMR 123s to do so. I still don't think there will be any comparison here.....

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in a bit of a mess at my home at this point--since I retired I've got everything torn up and 90% of my lights are in "storage"--inaccessible but, I was able to dig out a C Mag with a 50mm (?) aspheric up front--I think Ledean built it as I can remember. The Tri-V isn't in the same league just giving it some comparisons in my basement. The beam of the Tri-V is 9-12X the size as the C mag and there is a vast difference in intensity. Now, that is running the Tri-V with the XR-E at 1000 mA and, I could go to 2000 but I think I'm going to need some AW IMR 123s to do so. I still don't think there will be any comparison here.....

Karl

As Karl says, there is no comparison to a 2" lens. But the size of the Tri-V asphere beam is usable in that range just beyond where the XP-G reflector can not go. So it has a usable transition as it is now. If you could get the Tri-V to throw like an aspheric mag would you want it to? In some cases you would, it would be fun. But I suspect much of the time I would prefer to see the beam at this width.

Tri-V Aspheric XR-E running at 1900mA from DaFABRICATA
SpyTri-V004.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . .Dave, you should think about offering that aluminum mount holder you show in first set of your pix. I could see that being a nice thing for holding the light in a directed position. . .
Lux, I do sell that lower part for $60. However you still need the GPA to make it work. Sorry, I never got around to putting up a sales thread for the magnetic swivel base. Only one has ever sold. LOLlovecpf Really, for the same amount of money you can just go get a mag base with a goosneck from MSC. It took Mike a lot of time to make the mag bases given that we only ran six of them. :sick2:

Last edited:

RIDE

Enlightened
DaFABRICATA and other beta testers..........THANKS SO MUCH! What great reviews thus far!

I can't wait for the chance at one of these!

RIDE

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
DaFABRICATA and other beta testers..........THANKS SO MUCH! What great reviews thus far!

I can't wait for the chance at one of these!

RIDE

I am assembling the next five now. I do not know if I can finish them this week but it is not impossible. Even if I do get them together I may need to wait till Monday to put them up for sale. We will see.

So far the testers have not asked for any changes to the software.

Beta testers, thanks for all your hard work. :) I agree with RIDE, your reviews and pictures have been super.

Cheers
Dave

gtwace

Enlightened
Big thanks to all the reviewers.

I would like to have a diffuser to turn the TRi-V into a light stick if possible.

mikes1

Enlightened
I am assembling the next five now. I do not know if I can finish them this week but it is not impossible. Even if I do get them together I may need to wait till Monday to put them up for sale. We will see.

Cheers
Dave

Very exciteing news!

Dave will there be some warning before the sales thread is posted?

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.