Two new rapid chargers spotted at the big "W"

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Two new rapid chargers spotted at the big \"W\"

Yeah. Thas right. I took a trip to WallyWorld the other day and spotted two new NiMh rapid chargers in the photo/camera/electronics section. One was the Energizer 30 minute charger, and the other was the Ray-o-Vac C³ 15 minute charger. The Energizer came with 4 1800 maH AA cells and can accept any NiMh AA or AAA cell, and the Rayovac came with 2 AA cells, I cannot recall the capacity but it was either 1800 or greater. They seemed to be specially designed for this charger as the charger stated that it uses either their new "C" (chip) series NiMh cells or regular NiMh. Both chargers charge each cell independently since you can charge from 1 to four cells simultaneously. The Ray-o-Vac chip batteries were carded in four packs selling for $12 and change. I picked up the Energizer since it was priced at $25 bucks and came with four cells. The Ray-o-Vac 15 minute charger was $30 bucks with two of the newer "c" series batteries included. I figured that I was getting more cells and the 15 minute longer charge time of the Energizer didn't really matter much to me, but I could see the RayoVac 15 min chrgr coming in handy for field use in electrical hobby motors used in R/C planes, et. al. Both chargers come with A/C wallwarts. Both chargers have a DC 12V input jack on the side so automotive use seems like it's do-able, however neither seemed to indicate that such a lighter plug adaptor was available. I tried my Energizer in the car with a lighter cord that I had purchased from RatShack some time ago and it worked like a charm.
Just a "heads up".

Ed.