UK 600 dive light

geoboater

Newly Enlightened
Hi Grayrock,
Yes I would be interested in buying a switch from you if you have no luck finding a bulb. However it shouldn't be too difficult to buy a bulb from the UK (the country).

George

grayrock

Newly Enlightened
Bulbs came in, I installed them and they work. Many thanks for the link. Reflectalite is a great help and easy to deal with. I guess you'll have to find a switch somewhere else- sorry. This light has more spill than I remember, but that is above water. How does refraction underwater affect the beam?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bulbs came in, I installed them and they work. Many thanks for the link. Reflectalite is a great help and easy to deal with. I guess you'll have to find a switch somewhere else- sorry. This light has more spill than I remember, but that is above water. How does refraction underwater affect the beam?
Reflectalite is an excellent resource. Reasonable prices for bulbs that may otherwise be nearly impossible to find and very fair shipping.

Most dive lights are designed with very narrow beams. Underwater refraction causes the beam to spread out. You might be able to gain some effective adjustment by slightly screwing the bulb in or out.

Mark

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a 4.6 volt, 1.0a min, screw base bulb

I have found a 4V 1A miniature screw base bulb in the UK:

It's the GHE.004.1A from this site.

At 4V, it will be a bit overdriven, but that adds to the fun.

There is also the GHE.005.2.850 which at 5.2V and 0.85A will is more conservatively rated for reliabilty, and might do the job, if it's bright enough. On second thoughts, that's the one I would go for. I have bought what I think is the same as this latter bulb from RS Components and have been rather pleased with it. (Irrelevently, it's also excellent for running on 2 CR123 cells.)

grayrock

Newly Enlightened
There is also the GHE.005.2.850 which at 5.2V and 0.85A will is more conservatively rated for reliabilty

Reliability is good- especially considering the circumstances under which this light will be used. I don't want to have to change a bulb at 2 atmospheres down:eek:

geoboater

Newly Enlightened
Hi Grayrock,
Glad to hear you got your bulbs and they worked out OK.

I'll keep looking for a switch. I'll try either fabricating something or looking for a dead UK600 that I can salvage for parts.

George

TitoHala

Newly Enlightened
I Have A UK600r Light That I Don't Use No More, It Is In Good Condition It Has 2 Working Bulbs. Maybe you can use it

geoboater

Newly Enlightened
Hi TitoHala,
Yes, I would be interested in acquiring the light from you. You can send me a PM with further details, your contact information, etc. Thanks!

George

Timson

Enlightened
You could try putting in the Reflectalite GH44 which is a 6V - 1.7A lamp rated for 200 Lumens.

It would be better still if you made up a replacement 7.2v battery pack for a healthy overdrive...they work very well at this voltage, outputting something around 14W with a nice white colour temp. 6v will be a bit yellowy.

Tim

derek twitter

Newly Enlightened
I also am the proud owner of a uk600 with a broken internal switch. the rest of the torch is great and i love it. Is there anyone out there with any ideas? (broken torch for parts etc)