United Kingdom. Mag-Leds at Argos. 2AA & 2D.

Amonra

Enlightened
just an idea for you guys in the UK.
Why dont you set up a UK groupbuy with someone from the US. that way you save on shipping.

leduk

Enlightened
Amonra said:
just an idea for you guys in the UK.
Why dont you set up a UK groupbuy with someone from the US. that way you save on shipping.

Unfortunately there are things like import duty, VAT and handling fees to pay. My G/F bought a pair of Merrel trainers from the US. Nice and cheap and reasonable shipping about $50 all in. She then got hammered another $50 for all the above including a "handling" charge from UPS.

If you can get stuff for under the magic £18 it scrapes in as the nice Government says its OK. No taxes.

This is why we always whinge at the prices dealers charge for US made products. A personal import may escape taxes. A dealer will almost certainly pay taxes and pass them on to us punters.

Generally if it costs the US $20, we get charged GBP £20 = USD $38!!!!!

Its the same way with books, films etc etc.

The sooner the US becomes part of the EU the better.:whistle:

Just import the dropins and forget the overpriced LED mag stuff.

I have picked up a couple of box fresh, packaged 2C mags from ebay for about £8-10 each and stuck PR based dropins in them.

Non-led mags will be rock bottom at the moment as dealers try and shift their old stock.

Cheers

Amonra

Enlightened
well Malta is in the EU too and we get charged a maximum of 8.1% duty and 18% VAT and i guess UK should be about the same.
so say for 10pcs. 2D magleds $330
USPS shippingto Europe about $60 - $80 ?
Duty $32 - $35
VAT $77 - $80

Total $525 max -

$52.5 each is better than about $90 each

LumensUK

Newly Enlightened
I just tried to phone order an Argos Mag 2AA LED and after getting as far as my address and postcode I was told they did not have any in stock! Argos Online continues to report "this item cannot be reserved for store pick up, currently out of stock for home delivery".

A new Argos catalogue was released a week ago so it is possible Mag has a contractual obligation to supply stock to Argos as soon as possible. I would however be very surprised if Argos actually receives any stock before the lights are on the shelves in large US outlets.

Mark2

Enlightened
I have a couple of NIB MagLED 2D/3D/4D lights which I could offer for EUR 45/47/49, economy shipping to England would be EUR 10 (4-7 days), priority shipping would be EUR 16 (2-3 days), insurance (optional) is EUR 1.60. I have some black ones, a couple of red ones and very few silver ones. These are in the original Mag blister package, no batteries included.

Last edited: