Update on my TEMU batteries and light.

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
I got my cheap $2 18650 battereis from TEMU and I'm please to say they all work. I do not have a way to measure their capacity or longevity but so far so good. I put them in my Malkof Hounddog and it works normally.
The TEMU flashlight came with 21700 batteries and they will not take a charge. I contacted TEMU and they said they will return my money and I can keep the light. So I took out the batteries it came with and replaced them with the TEMU 18650. It now works great. Very bright with a very wide range zoom. Its not as well built as the hounddog but its not cheap and flimsy. For $20 I'd say its a good deal.

So all in all for the price I'm happy.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I got my cheap $2 18650 battereis from TEMU and I'm please to say they all work. I do not have a way to measure their capacity or longevity but so far so good....
That is very likely to change. Lithium-ion rechargeables are no joke. What you posted above is the equivalent of walking up to a sleeping bull, taking your thumb, jammining it up inside its backside until it screams.... Then turning around and very casually walking away towards the gate. Just because you don't get the horns after taking 10 steps, that does not mean you are reaching the safety of that gate.

Edit: Clarification.

Last edited:

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
That is very likely to change. Lithium-ion rechargeables are no joke. What you posted above is the equivalent of walking up to a sleeping bull, taking your thumb, jammining it up inside its backside until it screams.... Then turning around and very casually walking away towards the gate. Just because you don't the horns after taking 10 steps, that does not mean you are reaching the safety of that gate.

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, perhaps you could state your opinion in a more polite and professional manner.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry, I don't sugar-coat important things.
I'm a straight shooter and I tell it like it is.
That bothers some folks. Okay, I acknowledge that fact.
My blatant honesty gets me into trouble sometimes. Oh well....
One thing with me, I won't lie to you.

You bought $2.oo dangerous garbage 18650s off of a website with a horrific reputation for selling absolute junk. A reputation so horrendous that TEMU has been buying up Ad. space on YouTube and sponsoring practically every popular channel (regardless of genre) to say positive things about their company. Seriously, it's not even gear review channels. There's a young woman with a Try-on Haul Goth channel whom TEMU is sponsoring for several videos now.

Ultrafire sells cheap 18650s. For considerably more than $2.oo each. Here's what they do, they take old lap-tops, yank the cells out of them, take the labels off, put their branded labels onto them; then sell them as new cells. Their cells won't even charge up on their branded Ultrafire charger that is designed for 18650s. Had that happen to me.

Now if we were talking about something harmless from TEMU, such as a child's toy that's deflated, arrived with a tiny puncture in it, who cares! But lithium-ion cells are a different story. When those malfunction, they "Vent with flame" or basically explode! And when they do, the fumes they give off are extremely toxic. Breath in even a tiny bit, enjoy a lifetime of lung/breathing issues.

One CPFer found that out over a decade ago. He made a topic about it. He came back and updated the topic couple of years ago. Still has health issues. Had to sell off a huge chunk of his worldly possessions to afford the medical bills. Now, what's more likely to vent with flame? Quality-made lithium-ion cells or $2.oo garbage off of any website?

Frickin' hell, $2.oo?? You can't even buy a 2-pak. of AAA batteries for $2.oo nowadays. But hey, why listen to someone who is knowledgable, experienced, learns from his experiences, and learns from other peoples' experiences. Yeah, I'm not overly polite. As for professional, I put on my Professional Hat when I'm at work.

Here's what I am:
Last year, was looking for some Harley-Davidson swag for an acquaintance who took up riding. I was near the register when I saw a guy who definitely looked out of place buying a skull-cap. (Fake helmet that offers zero protection but complies with all Mandatory Helmet Laws in jurisdictions that have them.) He was telling the cashier how he was excited since he had just taken up riding and was eager to get out there. How his young son thought it was cool, but his pregnant wife had some trepidations about it. Oh Hell No!

I jumped in. Not in a polite or professional manner at all. But quickly explained to him that what he was buying wasn't a real helmet at all! Explained why some men bought them. And that it was disgusting that the shop was selling them. (Cashier kept his mouth shut.) This new rider had no clue. He thought it was a legit helmet. He thanked me, then picked out a real helmet as I walked out of the shop. Honestly if some Rebel without a Brain who has been riding for years, wants to buy a fake helmet? That's on him. He loses control one day and splatters his worthless brains on the concrete, I'm not going to care. Some newbie who has a family and thinks he's buying a legit helmet, different story! You want to screw around with those cheap cells? You go ahead. I educated you, just like I educated him. My conscience is clear.

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
In similar spirit to what has already been mentioned, I wouldn't trust batteries from any brand that isn't Keeppower, Vapcell, Samsung, Panasonic or Sanyo. There might be some other good ones out there, sure, but I'm not willing to be a guinea pig for ex-laptop battery ultrafire junk, and definfeitly not Temu products lol.

The rewards are too small, and the risks are far too dire. Bad batteries can, have, and will kill.

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
Also I'd hate for you to feel dogpiled on with the bad response here, but it's all from a place of worry haha. Take it as a sign of how dangerous they are. Nobody wants to hear about someone life being forever ruined because they saved $12 on a battery