USA (made/assembled) Flashlights

afdk

Newly Enlightened
That's a ridiculous charge at all levels, IMO, as it caters to the idea that if you disagree with someone, call them a 'phobe', making the attack ad hominem rather than addressing legitimate points. There is nothing 'xenophobic' or hateful or prejudicial about supporting one's own nation and economy. If you had a brother or son or daughter who manufactured a quality light that cost a bit more than an import, would you be considered 'clan-a-phobic' because you paid a bit more for their product? Of course not.

I only have a few lights, but most are imports, but I can certainly understand why people would want to support their own country out of national pride, economic support, personal connections to a local manufacturer, etc. Absolutely nothing xenophobic about it.
eusa_doh.gif

+1 on your comment!

DM51

Flashaholic
That's a ridiculous charge ... that if you disagree with someone, call them a 'phobe', making the attack ad hominem rather than addressing legitimate points. [/img]
He has not called anyone a xenophobe. He has referred to the thread as appearing rather xenophobic, which is not the same thing. To refer to a post as foolish is not the same as calling the poster a fool.

There will be no further discussion of this point here. Back on topic please.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Back on topic please.
ZebraLight, a U.S. owned company and a trend setter in many regards, will be bucking a trend by bringing some of their manufacturing capabilities for select lines to the U.S. - and with a promise of more in the future.

- Jas.

Last edited:

stockwiz

Enlightened
is there even anything left made in the US? I would suggest these companies won't last long. I have also gotten into road biking and there's been a huge shift in the last 2-3 years where everything's going overseas, to the point where there's basically zero left in the road bike arena that's made in the USA unless you go very high price, and no accessories are made in the US any longer either. The outsourcing is certainly continuing at a swift pace.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
is there even anything left made in the US? I would suggest these companies won't last long. I have also gotten into road biking and there's been a huge shift in the last 2-3 years where everything's going overseas, to the point where there's basically zero left in the road bike arena that's made in the USA unless you go very high price, and no accessories are made in the US any longer either. The outsourcing is certainly continuing at a swift pace.

:shakehead Take a look at this web site! I think this will change your mind. Pelican, Surefire, Underwater Kinetics, manufacture/assemble there products right here is California. They are making a profit and doing well.

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/appliances.html