uses for residual cerakote

gt40

Enlightened
I had some various Cerakote left over from some earlier jobs. I did a batch of 3x xm-l bike lights in blue titanium a while back and when cleaning the garage, I fount the hardener seems to age poorly if you store it too long. It was getting really dark so I thought I would use it up. First I re-coated a severely worn Kershaw E.T. :

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I think I will be ordering smaller quantities of Cerakote unless doing a lot of stuff as it ages quick.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Looks great! You might start an ad here if you like doing this sort of thing, I am sure there would be others who would have you cerakote stuff for them.

gt40

Enlightened
Was it the blue that was re-coated? It really looks nice. Is this a hobby or do you do side projects?

I coated both the blade and the handle. The handle is Blue titanium and the blade is Sniper Grey. I have done over 50 items now in cerakote and have gotten it down pretty well. I sandblast with 220 grit and then apply with a Sata hvlp gun. Baking is done in a pid controlled kiln. Pm me about projects if you want.

josb

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to try Cerakote on my aluminum diving lights but here in The Netherlands it's impossible to get Cerakote, what's a good address that sells it for a reasonable price an can send it to me?