• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
The light are really superb in ti. I'm hurting myself every time I go check if they are still in stock.

Can't justify a fourth v5 light but I can't swear I won't buy it...

"Only" my second BOSS... so I jumped on a Titanium BOSS. Certainly don't need one but it is a bit of a "Grail" torch for me. My first BOSS is an amazing illumination tool complimenting my Oveready v5 dropin. I don't hold onto "shelf queens" and will use the Titanium BOSS. It also means the first BOSS (satin black 70) will go to my Son. :)

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
The Ti BOSS are Grade 5, 6Al4V material from the USA

We've heard reference to structural changes made to the internals of the Titanium BOSS some of which are visible. Can you elaborate a bit more about these differences between the aluminum and titanium BOSS designs?

🤔[emoji6]

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Anyone know what that strip of copper is? None of the other materials use that. An extra heat sink inside the light?

Croquette

Enlightened
I wish. Still hesitate. Pic on Instagram from Tom let me think a that a new finish for the ti is coming. Will see.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Only" my second BOSS... so I jumped on a Titanium BOSS. Certainly don't need one but it is a bit of a "Grail" torch for me. My first BOSS is an amazing illumination tool complimenting my Oveready v5 dropin. I don't hold onto "shelf queens" and will use the Titanium BOSS. It also means the first BOSS (satin black 70) will go to my Son. :)
Lucky son. ;)

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Lucky son. ;)

I'm proud of Him! 22 years old and in many ways wiser than me. I had considered picking up a previously owned or slightly blemished one for him then the Titanium BOSS drop hit! [emoji106]🏻

He will be getting a pristine/unblemished satin black 70 BOSS before Christmas.

[emoji319][emoji41]

nbp

Flashaholic
I've sort of kept up with this light from a distance, but a buddy who has one that I have played with pushed me over the edge with the good deal on Blem black 70s. So I've got one on the way! Can't wait to join you guys - seems like you're having all the fun in this subforum. [emoji6]

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
We've heard reference to structural changes made to the internals of the Titanium BOSS some of which are visible. Can you elaborate a bit more about these differences between the aluminum and titanium BOSS designs?

Anyone know what that strip of copper is? None of the other materials use that. An extra heat sink inside the light?

Titanium BOSS heads are a hunk of copper with an outter titanium shell:
24125736_146031679492588_8211863838002249728_n.jpg

The heat generating v5 board sits in a copper socket, cut into the copper itself.

The copper line is part of that hunk, revealed between the titanium covers.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Titanium BOSS heads are a hunk of copper with an outer titanium shell....

The heat generating v5 board sits in a copper socket, cut into the copper itself.

Sounds great, and looks cool ... :cool:

Any thermal handling concerns ?

Pleased to see what looks like a copper heatsink in there, by the way ... :D

Any comparison testing that can be shared ? Such as "runs on max for ?? minutes less (or more) than 7075Al" , etc

Not sure if you saw my earlier post ?

And any update on when this first drop will start to ship ?

:)

SimonC

Newly Enlightened
The light are really superb in ti. I'm hurting myself every time I go check if they are still in stock.

Can't justify a fourth v5 light but I can't swear I won't buy it...

Haha it's hard to justify a $500 light anyway ... so I just went ahead and ordered the Ti 70 as my 3rd BOSS..

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium BOSS heads are a hunk of copper with an outter titanium shell:
24125736_146031679492588_8211863838002249728_n.jpg

Dan, Do you think the copper internal hunk would be a smart upgrade to all your Boss heads (V6?) regardless of shell alloy used, Ti or 7075 ?

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, Do you think the copper internal hunk would be a smart upgrade to all your Boss heads (V6?) regardless of shell alloy used, Ti or 7075 ?

Copper is the second best thermal conductor so I think regardless of which BOSS material it's incorporated in (except for the copper version, obviously) it will be a benefit. I think there are already hints of this being incorporated into future BOSS lights. Torchlab's instagram has a pic of a black BOSS with the telltale copper strip.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I wish. Still hesitate. Pic on Instagram from Tom let me think a that a new finish for the ti is coming. Will see.
Thats a photo of our Raw finish, with special lighting and does not show any future release.

Stonewashed? [emoji106]
Raw is essentially stonewashed, what specific look are your going for?

The answer is likely no. But we'll have to wait for Tom to get the reason.

Last edited: