• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can run a single primary cr123 in these.

Just set li-ion protection to OFF and turn Battery stretch to OFF

That's awesome to hear! How much output and runtime could you possibly get running on 1 CR123 battery?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I REALLY want one of these !!

I would want to swap the driver to a regular FET type that has max brightness from a single cell tho

Does anyone know if this would be an easy/possible mod to have done (maybe by Vinh etc?)

Awesome light!

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Mod a v5? Rated at 1933 lumens max on a single cell... 🤔

Love my v5 dropin... optical programmability has been fabulous. [emoji106]🏻

ven

Flashaholic
What an awesome creation , love the patina,design....everything. Really is a class little light:cool: so tempted.......

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, surely you need another Triple light!:) I ordered the Boss 70, because someone bought all the combos:banghead:
If anyone ever decides to sell their Boss 35 Patina body, let me know. Then you can get a HA Boss next round!

Last edited:

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
This cutting round produced 300 lights. About half were turned into Patina and have been fully built out (much of which is now sold). The other half are being turned into HA (mostly black). Each half includes enough parts for about 25 combo sets. So, the first 25 combos are sold, the second 25 combos should be released before next year, in black.

Next year we we can look at new cutting rounds and boost the combo supply in proportion to demand seen this time. That would apply to all finishes.

Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

oal

Newly Enlightened
There is one combo available online right now. Maybe they would let you switch your order.

msim

Enlightened
Picked up dual bodies... I hesitated as this was the most I've ever spent on 1 (well kinda 2) lights, but thankfully when I came to my senses there were some left. I went with amber because my V5 P60 triple has the red secondary.

Thanks team Oveready!

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks fantastic. Love the mini triad tail, I don;t think it could get better.
I'm sure you all know, but there's a review on Flashlightguide.com.
P

NICSAK

Enlightened
Want this light so bad!! Unfortunately by the time I have funds it will be long gone. Beautiful work OR team

easilyled

Flashaholic
"Santa is on strike this Christmas kids..." :laughing:

The patina would be my preference over the HA , looks amazing! All in time Daniel :) will get my eye candy fix off you guys for now:D

Your kids would understand, I'm sure Mark. After all you have brought them up to be giving towards others! ;)

GODOFWAR

Banned
Can anyone explain what these options means?
0078839e8536cea27127995290ec9f3f.png
76f1e2267645733f9b83b74817c8a1e1.png

ven

Flashaholic
I am mighty tempted and could probably squeeze it in Daniel, but holding back for now being boring and sensible.............I will tell the kids what you said:p

timsmile

Newly Enlightened
Wondering if anyone can kindly shed some light on whether there is any major difference to use IMR18650 (with the red body) vs ICR18650 (with the black body) on this v5 engine light. Thanks!

easilyled

Flashaholic
I am mighty tempted and could probably squeeze it in Daniel, but holding back for now being boring and sensible.............I will tell the kids what you said:p

I've been boring and sensible for quite a long time now (for me) regarding flashlight purchases Mark.
However, since, up until now, I haven't bought a light with the V5 platform, this one pushed me over the edge ... especially knowing the quality of Oveready products and seeing the response from others.

I'll have to put some of my other lights up for sale to compensate. :(

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Can anyone explain what these options means?
Sorry for the confusion, let me see if I can simply things...

1) GID ring, this appears in the front of the light and glows after turning off the light. The only reason to unselect this is for tactical uses where its important to be undetectable.
bossgid.jpg

2) Engine, this is about LEDs. In this case, do you want the secondary color to be red or amber
R33A33.jpg

3) Modes, these can be changed after delivery, so you are selecting how it functions out of the box. Do you want red/amber one of the four modes (RLMH) or 100% white (DLMH). Do you want high first (HMLD) or high last (DLMH). You can also choose different orders for 1 cell vs two cell, useful with the BOSS 70.

4) Optic, this is about beam shape. The XPL triple is by nature a floody beast, so most choose narrow. But can be to narrow if your primary use is as a walking light. This can be changed after delivery so additional optics are available here:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Wondering if anyone can kindly shed some light on whether there is any major difference to use IMR18650 (with the red body) vs ICR18650 (with the black body) on this v5 engine light. Thanks!
The feature needed most for the v5 operation is stable amperage. ICR generally have lower amp limits and at these sizes, only offer protection circuits as an advantage. v5 has battery protection built in, so this is not needed. We recommend IMR.