• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

RIDE

Enlightened
I know it's not even been 24 hours ;) ....but do we have an idea when these might start shipping? SOOOOOOOOOO darned excited to get mine!

RIDE

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
My V5's:
WASP: Redome XPL
E2e Copper: 219
BOSS: XPL HI

One of each flavor. :D

I've got the drop in as well, but cannot remember which one.

my favorite? That is easy, the one I used last! My Boss 70 with an 18650. Clipped to my pocket. I'm somewhat surprised that with running a single cell I haven't used the 35 body yet, I really like the longer body.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's not even been 24 hours ;) ....but do we have an idea when these might start shipping? SOOOOOOOOOO darned excited to get mine!

RIDE
What he said! lol I am like a freaking kid waiting on Christmas. For a silly flashlight! What is wrong with us! lol

Congratulations to all who snagged one this time round. You will be very happy with them. :thumbsup:
Thank you! I was waiting for a Copper or Ti version. But the dang wait and missing it last go due to low funds was killing me. I must own one now!!!

My V5's:
WASP: Redome XPL
E2e Copper: 219
BOSS: XPL HI
One of each flavor. :D

Were almost in the same boat. I didn't do a redome. I love my WASP nest. :) I use my E2E the most. Only thing is, it doesn't like Turbo for long. It will burn your hand (or leg) if you have protections off! So, now, I never use it with out bounce on. Just incase.

aZhu

Newly Enlightened
Long shot but... Would anyone that scored a BOSS 35 in Nichia be willing to trade for my XPL prior to shipping?

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I'd trade you an XPL/Red for Amber. I also tried for the 219 but was part of the oversell. No matter, I think the XPL-Hi 4000K is Excellent!

Long shot but... Would anyone that scored a BOSS 35 in Nichia be willing to trade for my XPL prior to shipping?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thank you! I was waiting for a Copper or Ti version. But the dang wait and missing it last go due to low funds was killing me. I must own one now!!!

You won't be disappointed with the Al. version, I can assure you! Not sure if you have the 35 or 70, but my 70 is so light and pocketable that I feel that there's almost no need for a 35 version (especially in Aluminium)

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Having missed on the Patina BOSS 70's (I do hope they do another run of 70 bodies) I might try for the upcoming
black versions, I keep hearing folks say these 70 versions are easy to carry.

You won't be disappointed with the Al. version, I can assure you! Not sure if you have the 35 or 70, but my 70 is so light and pocketable that I feel that there's almost no need for a 35 version (especially in Aluminium)

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having missed on the Patina BOSS 70's (I do hope they do another run of 70 bodies) I might try for the upcoming
black versions, I keep hearing folks say these 70 versions are easy to carry.

Definitely. I love the 70. nice and light weight. I really was thinking I wanted a copper 70, but every 18650 copper light I've had, I got rid of because of the weight. I didn't want to carry it.

I've stopped carrying the 3 18350 triples I have left because of the run time issues, plus they just feel too small in my hand now...

smrt123

Newly Enlightened
For current 35 owners and those that scored this time around - what optic do you prefer and why? Any suggestions on which best suits this light?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Update

All lights are pulled/built/tested/programed/cleaned!

Working to ship most orders together at the end of the week:

BOSSship8.jpg

Just a few alternations remaining:

BOSSship9.jpg

pwrdbycotn

Newly Enlightened
Update

All lights are pulled/built/tested/programed/cleaned!

Working to ship most orders together at the end of the week:

BOSSship8.jpg

Just a few alternations remaining:

BOSSship9.jpg

I believe that's mine in the last pic. I wanted to try something a little different.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
So which flavor do you like the best? ;)

Hmmmmm :D

Isn't that kinda like asking which child do you like best? :p

~ Chance

Agree! They are all pretty awesome in their own right.

I've got the drop in as well, but cannot remember which one.

my favorite? That is easy, the one I used last! My Boss 70 with an 18650. Clipped to my pocket. I'm somewhat surprised that with running a single cell I haven't used the 35 body yet, I really like the longer body.

I went with the 35, bc I figured the E2e Copper is my 70. I really love the 35, and the battery seems to last a good while. I charge when I notice it drop when using any level. I do not use high very much.

samuraishot

Enlightened
For current 35 owners and those that scored this time around - what optic do you prefer and why? Any suggestions on which best suits this light?
It depends on your primary use. For my V5 Wasp, I opted for a narrow clear because I wanted missile launch reach when on afterburner mode. Here's the Wasp on default medium.

2af06d0c1010a6a14f1d6994d0e56b64.jpg

For my BOSS 35, knowing that running on a single battery, I could only go up to 3rd gear and not hit 5th, I said to myself, since I can't max it out, let's keep it soft and blanket my surroundings while having a bit of reach. So I went with narrow frost. Here's the BOSS 35 on max mode, about 3 feet from the wall.

da97c6d7bada195a34110f45f70ea479.jpg

There is a difference in tint and I love both!

I'd say...grab all the optics and test out what's best for you and your application of the torch.

Now, for the 219 to arrive to complete my triple triple threat (thanks to PSM! After reading his post, I realized I'll have all 3 too)!

Hope this helps and if not oh well hehe

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That''s the answer, buy all the available optics and play.
Thank you I have now built my virtual Boss. Just need to pay for it about the same time they're released.
P

Last edited: