• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

ven

Flashaholic
xpl HI 4k /amber....................love it. There is absolutely nothing i dont like with this light. Feel, size in hand, design, the 4k HI's are very nice on the eye. Amber has been used checking on kids in night(for no reason other than i had amber 2ndry to use haha). Special mention to Darryl, Jon, Tom, Dan for help/assistance in a crazy few weeks. Its been around the USA, then the world! From Chicago to New Zealand :ohgeez: Very lucky it actually made it as box was open.......

But it did, thankfully
U4ZLFCjl.jpg

hMgw6CPl.jpg

IzwQctHl.jpg

8szGp17l.jpg

That time of year
GLZ7M6Cl.jpg

Sometimes with lights, expectations can exceed the actual experience, underwhelmed when in hand............well not with this light. Its exceeded expectations and some, the machining is beautiful as with design.

Random pic of 3 special lights to me
HrY0rTzl.jpg

I expected more weight /heft, dont get me wrong, its still a little chunk. Without scales, its not that different to a HDS 18650 in weight(prob a few grams either way, but in hand hard to feel).
m0kpxnYl.jpg

219b 4000k and xpl HI 4000k
Not much difference in actual tint/temp to the eye( i know pics are a bit useless).
CNKyHTH.jpg

d7X71ca.jpg

Will be taking Nala out tonight with it..............been there days waiting lol
zHTGtTEl.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Haha, luckily i had a spare light or 2, to use in the time:nana:

She has her own anyway
p6lN05dl.jpg

She is not keen on the UI though, hard to reach apparently

PS- No dogs where made to look stupid in this pic, just the owner

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Congrats!

I've been carrying my BOSS Ti 70 for a year now. I don't leave home without it. [emoji41]

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you, very :cool: tbh its not left my pocket or side so far. It slips in my pocket with surprising ease and lack of distraction. I will go as far as say i dont notice it either, i have noticed i am checking here and there to make sure its there! But then i am use to having a phone and/or ecig mod in the other as well.

zUo5xKyl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Love this light, used in work today and been using for night time walks. Just nothing i dont love which is kind of corny, but i just cant fault anything at all(well not fault, wrong wording, but nothing i dislike, even ever so slightly ). The HI 4k are super nice, defo towards a creamy than my other rosy 4k HI's. I do love both tbh, but these being towards a creamy suit work uses more than a rosy for me. The feel/weight/hold is just perfect with the design. It has been my fav flashlight design this year and probably last year. Nothings changed in hand, if anything its grown stronger.
xpl HI 4k beam pic firing across the top of 40t silos
Tu7p17El.jpg

xmuhKhxl.jpg

1AQpTwLl.jpg

FakGR0rl.jpg

zpWq29cl.jpg

jGhYPm8l.jpg

Hot spot shot(say that 5 times fast):p
mtUKmLil.jpg

Glad for the 70, i do maybe prefer the look of the 35, but the 70 is compact anyway. Plus bonus of an 18650 tank...............and 2x 18350 if want super bright. I dont feel the need for any brighter, its brighter than expected anyway and more than i do need 99% of time other than 1% fun. Its toasty fast anyway, so i cant see me using 18350 fuel any time soon(personal opinion reg my type of use).
z2/BOSS
XZuHlnll.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
Very nice combo of blue clip and Ti finish Long_Run_Time :)

So glad that you find your BOSS70 so rewarding after all the troublesome waiting and worrying Mark. The 4000K XPL-Hi's are my favourites. Beautiful tint and beam with quite a bit of punch too. That frosted Ti finish looks great too. :thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you Daniel, I cant put it down haha.......or stop taking pics when I do! Yes at times I did think the BOSS didn't want to be part of my little family, luckily it changed it's mind in NZ lol

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, your BOSS wanted to see the beautifull world first before settling down in the UK. I think you can grant it that wish in it´s young years. ;)

Eric

ven

Flashaholic
Haha , I wish I had been with it then! Would love a state to state tour, followed by a week in NZ. Lucky BOSS!

fyrstormer

Banned
The blue clip does indeed look very nice against the machined titanium finish. However, keep in mind that titanium anodizing is dependent on the diffraction of incoming light to generate its color, which means your fingerprints are super obvious. Your skin oil changes the diffractive properties of the anodized coating (until you wash them off), so your fingerprints show up as a pinkish color against the blue, and if you wipe them it smears the oil around and changes the color of the entire clip to a paler shade of blue. Also, titanium anodizing is relatively fragile and doesn't resist abrasion well; the edges of my blue titanium clip are already showing bare spots after a couple days of EDCing.

Think of the blue clip as a fancy-dress option only.

Long RunTime

Enlightened
Got some new friends with the BOSS

CrBQi2p.jpg

Before you ask. They are:

RPM Brass body & Tail cap OR eHead XPL-HI red
RPM Ti Body & Tail cap VME Ti with Sportac Triple 219B
Ti BOSS 35 XPL HI Amber, BOSS 70 Ti Body.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
When the raw Titanium with red and nichia C / XPL will be back in stock please?

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
I've been lusting after an OR flashlight for what seems like forever. Could never really figure-out what configuration I wanted or would work with how I use my light. Then I saw the BOSS...

Ordered a Copperite 70 few days ago and feel like it's Christmas Eve. Sent ElectronGuru a PM today and realized I was talking to him about an OR back in '13. SO EXCITED to get my new light! I don't collect flashlights--I use them in probably one of the most adverse conditions. Looking forward to this OR. Here's some of my Malkoff's used in my conditions:

dCEwAiAKm_1m1PGTDmNCq4nxbbNb8oZKdi8DksxgMqAvPrJyY1R7HKIKppgWpx-7abwj918HvPJXFfZCTMTH1x17nr0hwbMAS5DmCK6soIt22jHjNvv7eSr2L2HRnoF7ICbbMsqlwAt21eBuCb8K9yMXz9uMa-S6c1Wec9UrW8cBw1PXe7C4e_0ZHSrGGb7BraP4KS-d198gw3QVojXWaz1hLydUixZe40a-FIjbfE380wbzQBFPCWiK3h6zHCGYrXkkdcsLEaw8FpZnYaYcjQ7kTrPNI2gPtw3tIW_mqbAQSuOGMSTgc6SUKpYPwGntRfNP1_Zk9-Zp6wIQFR5gAbsSMkzcOJ7jIKA6tbMHXMIqYZgm3yftB7sORmlq6H9noyDYnJjyRkrdf4vV5nuGMck18whlGt6nbegJw6Urt-xy-S5jSiCdPrYu3cH-npcoCIUVMz8AKqOFoIqFEAKn1TTvzA9Ft3zP6l9cBd9dhnZw6h3vKXAsM357usqHVCXVxoWrv_aYXRspL9kNSVff8X2-lDzmZ-8-LeBbAS3bJpxWWk5kNtPg6iMiZ5_LKRjiE1CvjcfcnA76nQTuBm9IQK3gOa5fWEN1IsFdezX6PVDEhhpde5_bsifUGfNIgfX3B5ddOK9ILWIRfcriOA3AsDHF1g=w1279-h960-no

8NVqQpZtwMC38RD_1crb-uHY5fOl-4eiV-Ut9fmjnTExVHQLAH3FwSQ5mWv3wZ2MI0BddeVUF2QW23tgtkL21OTOtGf08lN93MQBOaEvPhzJ9qvyDIpeZZvpj1sw1_rsRSRMae4eojHZg3AnIM6R_kjfGaaOb25LJ_Oq9ckn9uESFzjayjkXFkfkN8uptJaqEoJhVnlq9kq8eBiQeNl3Cywm_z3EHVeaO_cefg_HVUvFmVGbBZDaelIoOVtj6nxSvnyrVHZDNUVmr5saNwTdyelAHf11OjlNqVU58aAsBiPMJqO1_t5t2EGz8yO4zJPPog5oC3wdz9U_AVoOB31f6-JOmTBmV_1dee5ASIHhz2lM47F6PDX8inBXRUMC1P3vPfdsf1pYbRCDggXSXRI7h9-Ir9037Oo7p3WRKFv0r5cauh06St8KkZZ4Zn8-F6eNuNpeMLzGaLVxssjEAO3-yvfSoexN96fPylfQ_bxHmGZhEjGTuI6h_-i4aSLFWthRyFxYfb6aFbYe9Ajcpo7fwqvfsl02Q0_NBhhO7_MY2D2F6sEZvbgzH5iBRmPcdwIZRcF1nJPgGpfETnk4vX2chBJXwZ6HEpVWe1dZN0bVVD93Cmb3l3Mb8NSKCJtAlZY2lD6TXnCzxqMS5xhPQXFwyhn_Hw=w1279-h959-no

Pics of my new baby will be posted upon receipt. Thanks ElectronGuru for all your help!

Last edited: