• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 Monthly Giveaway

Kozy

Enlightened
1) Worst experience with me: i forgot to engrave a light(this is my fault).

2) Best experience with me:my first Light from Vinh( SSvn-The-Budget-Search-Light ~5000 lumen)

3) Worst V54 light: maybe The Old ZrayVN - Pocket Zoomie (XML2 U3 PDTc)

4) Best V54 light: Brother of the Sun: X65vn100 :rock:

5) Worst value light: I don't know,there is no such

6) Best value light: Lumintop SD26vn,Smallest 26650 Thrower
https://skylumen.com/products/lumintop-sd26vn-smallest-26650-thrower-r

Thanks for the opportunity! :thumbsup:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
1)Worst experience:
Years ago when I ordered a neutral XML p60 and requested something in the 4 or 5b tint and received something WAY warmer - still bright and a great drop!
I still wish Vinh had specifics on the tint bins rather than just an approximation of the Kelvin.

2) Best experience:
Winning a giveaway a few years ago for some free modding service :):) had my 4Sevens mini upgraded to XPE2 ~4000K

3) Worst light:
DQG MINI 18650 ... weird beam and no heat sinking. Vinh helped show me how mod it to direct drive and it blue shifted after 30secs - NOT VINHs fault on that one.

4) Best light:
CQVN XPLHI ~4000K is just amazing and can do it all with moonlight to thousands of OTF lumens.

5) Worst value light:
IDK ... maybe one of those big impractical ones that costs a lot?
Seems like an HID would make more sense?

6)Best value light:
The direct drive small zoomies!
Used to be called SK98 not sure if it's the same as the zoom18.
So powerful and versatile.
Probably more practical with the XPG if yer going direct drive.

Cheerz!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
1)Worst experience:
When I had to wait til the next day to get a question answered. It was already very late...like 2 am.

2) Best experience:
Got a great deal on a used light that I highly been wanting.

3) Worst light:
c21cvn- I liked the size and dual function of the light. Just hated the quality of the switch. It was very tiny and stiff, made it hard to press and did not always turn on/off with each press.

4) Best light:
tn40svn- super lumens with fantastic throw and flood. everyone should have this light!

5) Worst value light:

mtg2 dropin- this maybe only my experience. I put the dropin inside a budget solarforce host, and the 2500 lumen dropin heats the light so fast that it fogs the glass and this decreases the otf lumens and I have to lower mode.

6)Best value light:
x45vn 70.2- massive lumens for the dollar ratio. throw number is more than good enough for your usual needs. and manufacturer is acebeam, top notch company with great quality lights.

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Worst experience with me
Emails. You're always so brief that it almost seems terse, even when being super nice. So I over think them...

2) Best experience with me
Trust. When you forgot to send a battery with an order. I let you know and you asked me what you owed me - and sent it. I'm pretty sure you didn't even check the order history.

3) Worst V54 light
EC60vn. I expected more. It's small, but a stock U21 outperforms it for half the cost. Yep, the head is smaller on the EC60, but at the end of the day, my expectations for magic were too high.

4) Best V54 light
T6vn. It is so powerful. So impressive. So...cool. Even now it's been usurped... I don't care. It beat like 30 lights in the thrower shootout and there hasn't been another... so it's still the defending champ.

5) Worst value light
Most lights over $500. I like the tools, the tech. But for most of us, buying a $500+ light is like buying Intel's fastest processor for a PC used for browsing CPF. :) The extra power is nice, but the value proposition starts poor and gets much worse within a few months when a new model comes out.

6) Best value light
Lumintop Tool Al. Under $12 on sale, tiny, 100+ lumen, GITD, reversible clip, tail clicky that doesn't pocket activate, 3 mode... just a great value.

​Entry # 2750

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, this is hard but here goes...

1. Worst experience. Once I had to remind Vinh to send a light I had purchased on the WTS Flashlight Deal of the Day. I didn't order through the website, just an "I will take it" on the forum and my PayPal notes weren't clear. So that wasn't even Vinh's fault!

2. Best experience. I received a light that I didn't like the CW tint and he immediately shipped out a NW for me.

3. Worst light. D25Cvn titanium. Great looking light, but I learned that titanium isn't good with heat.

4. Best light. MX25L4Cvn has the most perfect balance of flood and throw and will last forever!

5 Worst value. My TN40vn/TN30vn Frankenstein light that I bought as soon as it came out at the expensive price, due to buying a separate handle. I could have waited for Thrunite to come out with the TN40Svn - same light, cheaper price. But it's a phenomenal light!!!

6. Best value. Easy one here, X45vn for lumens s per dollar!

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Sure I'll play!

1. Worst experience. Forgot to engrave on Toolvn, but ended up liking it better!

2. Best experience. All my orders...but he did forget to ship out the E14 extender tube but he mailed it out right away!

3. Worst light. E14vn. Not his fault! The sample I got had really bad tint shift and the tail switch is super squeaky. Ended up selling it.

4. Best light. X7vn...wow

5 Worst value. Surefire with P60. one of my most expensive lights to date and it doesn't have that "WOW" factor.

6. Best value. X7vn for me. I love the UI and obviously the output. No regrets.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Worst experience with me - every once in a while, my lights don't have V54 or specs.

2) Best experience with me - TM16GTvn. It was one of the first lights I got from him and I was not impressed with it's performance compared to the stock TM16GT. I had just chalked it up to my inexperience with lights and kept it for quite some time (I forgot how long but I'm sure it was past the warranty period). Then, one of the LEDs went out and the other LEDs were dim no matter what mode I was in. I emailed Vinh hoping he'd give me some pointers before I took it apart and eventually destroyed it but to my surprise, he just said "send it back." It came back to me within days and upon turning it on, it was obvious that this thing was WAY brighter than the stock light and I was finally seeing what the hype was all about.

3) Worst V54 light - P12GTvn. I let a friend "borrow" it thinking it was the stock p12gt and I haven't seen it since.

4) Best V54 light - TN40vn. This light needs no intro.

5) Worst value light - TN40vn. Like Madd, I got this just before the TN40Svn was introduced.

6) Best value light - U21vn. Great light for its price, size, and throw.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Worst experience: sent back an f30vn 3 times

Best experience: took care of f30vn 3 times with no charge. Not even shipping

Worst v54: u21vn xpg2 pdt. Too green. But it throws so far, runs so long, is so compact, that I won't get rid of it. Have it listed for sale but turned down an offer. I hate to turn it on but I don't want to let it go. AAAAAGHHHH!!

Best v54 ec32vn. So slim and compact. And for some reason out throws a lot of my other lights of this stature, even though it's not supposed to. Like there's a little extra Vinh dust in there

Worst value x7vn I gave away an extra $175 & I can't see the difference

Best value $45 armytekvn made out of a $75 armytek. That's what I paid for the stock model

Last edited:

mniezen

Newly Enlightened
Worst experience- My lights were sent to an address I have not lived at for about 7 years.. I had to make some calls to people I did not know in order to make sure the lights were not lost.

Best experience- Every time I get a light and turn it on at night.

Worst v54 light- Hmmm..Definitely not the worst but the one I use the least is the TN42vn.

Best v54 light- This is a hard question for me... I really like the zoom18vn. It is such a well defined beam, throws far, and is compact.

Worst value- I would say my SR96vn although this is also one of the lights I use the most. Just that after CND conversion this is a $500+ light.

Best value- I would again put my zoom18vn in this category. Good price for such an awesome little light.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
1. Worst experience with me:

• I love the EC60VN, and think it's one of the most awesome ever, but Vinh totally dogged it in his YouTube review.
  • I got a little Trustfire zoomieVN when I won the V54 Monthly giveaway. Don't you know how entitled I am?!?(lol). Kidding, don't ask me to trade.
  • The GladiatorVN only had two of the four XHP35 HI working. In fairness, he let me swap it for X7VN so it's not even bad really.
  • The things I can't remember.

2. Best experience with me: All of it. 100%.

3. Worst V54 light: Uuuuhhhmmm, jeez. It's tough, but I'll have to go with Trustfire zoomieVN. I got it free though, so yeah, I'm a shmuck.

4. Best V54 light: T6VN. For as long as I don't put the batteries in reverse polarity.

5. worst Value light: M2X-UTVN. Totally my own fault. I sent him the light and paid for Driver VN2 with boost, but didn't even go for the XP-L PDT when Vinh offered. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

6. Best value light: X45VN. It's big for the money. It does get hot uber quick though. Still, freaking ginormous output.

Last edited:

scottinarctic1

Newly Enlightened
1) Worst experience with me One time missed a engraving. Not a big deal
2) Best experience with me Very patient with a PayPal miss communication
3) Worst V54 light Everyone can relate to this purchased a 26650 light after agonizing on the purchase then 2 hours later came out with a newer better version.
4) Best V54 light Love my headlamps I have bought several of each and they get used daily.
5) Worst value light I don't remember the name TK75 with police style strobe.
6) Best value light Manker U21 built like a tank.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
3) Worst V54 light Everyone can relate to this purchased a 26650 light after agonizing on the purchase then 2 hours later came out with a newer better version.
Surprised not to have seen more of this same answer. I think it's one of the most common. Ok, MC408 talked about his RC40VN after some of the most recent offerings. But that one can maintain a high output which is a heckovalot different than 30 second bursts.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surprised not to have seen more of this same answer. I think it's one of the most common. Ok, MC408 talked about his RC40VN after some of the most recent offerings. But that one can maintain a high output which is a heckovalot different than 30 second bursts.

I was about to ask him why he didnt like the rc40vn. Let me tell you guys about my rc40vn. It is xhp 70 hcri 90 Cri.. its only produce about 11000 lumen.. but the tint is really great.. the tint is different from normal xhp 70, because its 90 cri. Cri= color rendering index. The higher cri , the objects are more realistic, and close to daylight.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I was about to ask him why he didnt like the rc40vn. Let me tell you guys about my rc40vn. It is xhp 70 hcri 90 Cri.. its only produce about 11000 lumen.. but the tint is really great.. the tint is different from normal xhp 70, because its 90 cri. Cri= color rendering index. The higher cri , the objects are more realistic, and close to daylight.
For typical high CRI, that's a lot of lumens. I bet NL loving it whenever you're light that baby up. I would be.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Haha, I should see if he wants to trade for a rare, one-of-a-kind Trustfire ZoomieVN. Actually IL should probably shut up about the Trustfire ZoomieVN before he gets on Vinh's hit list. lol.

MC408

Enlightened

im being misquoted or misintepreted! Lol.

5) Worst value light
RC40vnF , at the time 20k lumens was groundbreaking and worth the money. But it was quickly surplanted and now just seems like an average light with a big price tag.

Just saying. At 20k lumens and 150 lux for $760 (wimmer paid) and $500 what I bought it from him for, it is now surpassed by the x45vn in performance for half the price. i know there is more to the light than lumens and lux,

just sayin on pure value, it's the worst value in my collection.

But yeah, I love the light, but will happily sell it for $500 and buy something new. lol

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Entries to date.

Entry list.

0054 - vinhnguyen54
0408 - MC408
0693 - mniezen
0821 - eekazum
1010 - aginthelaw
1289 - scottinarctic1
1436 - Newlumen
1985 - peabody