Vapcell S4 plus - Lumintop Tool AA 2.0

elvasked

Newly Enlightened
I want to say thank you to all the members here. Your information is invaluable.

Recently my approx 10 year old Accupower IQ 328 charger started acting up and I needed to upgrade. My wife and I use our Foursevens single AA Mini MA with Eneloops several times a day. The Mini MA's and Eneloops are also about 10 years old and still work like new. While reading the forums I became interested in Li-ion batteries so have now purchased three new things.

A Vapcell S4 plus charger, a Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 and a set of 4 Soshine 14500 800 Mah batteries.

I'm not in a position to reviews these items other that to say they work as expected and I'm impressed.

The Soshine batteries were delivered with about 80% charge. I tested them in the Vapcell and they seem in good condition.

I have one question about Li-ion battery storage. I'll probably only change the battery every few months.

Should I discharge the batteries to less than the current 80% for storage ?

Thanks Again

Elvasked

Last edited:
You'll be ok storing the li-ion cells at 80%. The self-discharge rate should allow you to store these cells for six to eight months without compromising either the cells or your safety and peace of mind. Don't let them get too low on charge however, and periodically charge them up to 80% for continued long term storage.

On a related note, many forum members regularly use 14500 cells in their Quark Mini's, without damage to the light. I recommend searching the forum topics for one of Selfbuilt's archived reviews of the Mini AA; if I recall correctly he reported on his tests of the Mini AA which included testing with 14500 cells. You may be pleasantly surprised with what you'll learn.

elvasked

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that info regarding li-ion cells. I'll verify their charge % and voltage every couple of months.

I'll search for Selfbuilt's reviews of the Mini MA's too.

Thanks again