• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Viable Solution for Peak Website

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Maybe they are satisfied with the level and scale of business they do already. Not everyone wants or needs to sell at Home Depot volume/scale.

Perhaps Robyn doesn't like being told how to run her business and wants to see how many times this horse can be beaten to death.:dedhorse:

aramid

Newly Enlightened
Maybe they are satisfied with the level and scale of business they do already. Not everyone wants or needs to sell at Home Depot volume/scale.
The typical way to limit business if you don't want to keep too busy is to raise prices. Limiting business by confusing or irritating potential customers is an uncommon strategy. If Peak has a comfortable workload at the moment, they could modernize the website to attract customers, raise prices until supply and demand level off at that same comfortable workload, and make a fair bit more cash in the process.

Perhaps Robyn doesn't like being told how to run her business and wants to see how many times this horse can be beaten to death.
I guess that's rough, then. Nobody said she had to listen, but that fact doesn't require us to stop advising.

Chroma

Newly Enlightened
I'd be willing to revamp their website. I am a web designer/developer.

I'd probably do something for a good trade.

Peak ... if you're interested, PM me for more details

John

Vesper

Enlightened
I'm quite sure that it has been a turn-off for many people and would speculate that potential sales have been lost as a result.

True for me - both sites are equally head-shaking. They ought to be dishing the product to someone who can market and sell it. Oveready is a good start. :shrug:

purelite

Enlightened
I really want another Eiger in knurled SS . As others have stated the website SUCKS. After being told to call Peak instead of trying to get a response via email I did just that. I have tried 3 times at calling the number listed and it just rings and rings and rings and rings....

Had a small issue with the 1st Eiger I had and once I did get a response they were very nice and resolved the issue quicly and very nice to deal with .

But I think I am gonna give up also and look at something else. I believe Peak is a real Mom and Pop kinda setup and they just get overwhelmed at times but I dont think they intentionally want to frustrate customers . Once you do get the light they are some of the best you can get

aramid

Newly Enlightened
Do tell- who is "requiring" you to advise, and under what authority?
Perhaps you should carefully reread my statement. Nobody is requiring me to advise. That's something I've chosen to do of my own free will. Whether or not Peak is interested in my opinion (or others in this thread) is totally irrelevant. In fact, even if Peak's owner thinks my ideas are stupid or fail to meet the needs of the company, I'm still absolutely allowed to have and to share my opinion. They are not required to take my advice, and their disagreement would not require me to stop giving it.

Now, as you say, perhaps they are aiming for an unconventional business model. I can't imagine any situation where you'd intentionally handicap your profits, but that's beside the point. Do you know that revising the website would hurt Peak in some way? If not, you're just coming in here and picking a fight. Yes, it's possible Peak has good reasons not to revise their site. If that's the case, they'll leave the site as it is no matter how long this thread gets or how many people agree; we're not forcing anyone to do anything.

What you're doing isn't in any way constructive, though. You're coming into a thread and saying "but maybe you're wrong!" and that's entirely true. Maybe we are wrong. I don't think anyone posting in this thread feels that they know enough about the situation to make business decisions for the company. If you actually know something about the situation, please share it. It will make this conversation more useful and probably more interesting.

If you don't actually have some knowledge that's missing from this thread, then you're just posting "What if" to be argumentative. Well, we're not forcing Peak to read this thread, and we're not forcing you to, either. Please feel free to ignore it if it bothers you.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Perhaps you should carefully reread my statement. Nobody is requiring me to advise. That's something I've chosen to do of my own free will. Whether or not Peak is interested in my opinion (or others in this thread) is totally irrelevant. In fact, even if Peak's owner thinks my ideas are stupid or fail to meet the needs of the company, I'm still absolutely allowed to have and to share my opinion. They are not required to take my advice, and their disagreement would not require me to stop giving it.

Now, as you say, perhaps they are aiming for an unconventional business model. I can't imagine any situation where you'd intentionally handicap your profits, but that's beside the point. Do you know that revising the website would hurt Peak in some way? If not, you're just coming in here and picking a fight. Yes, it's possible Peak has good reasons not to revise their site. If that's the case, they'll leave the site as it is no matter how long this thread gets or how many people agree; we're not forcing anyone to do anything.

What you're doing isn't in any way constructive, though. You're coming into a thread and saying "but maybe you're wrong!" and that's entirely true. Maybe we are wrong. I don't think anyone posting in this thread feels that they know enough about the situation to make business decisions for the company. If you actually know something about the situation, please share it. It will make this conversation more useful and probably more interesting.

If you don't actually have some knowledge that's missing from this thread, then you're just posting "What if" to be argumentative. Well, we're not forcing Peak to read this thread, and we're not forcing you to, either. Please feel free to ignore it if it bothers you.

I defer to your superior intellect sir- you win.
I have read thru the entire PEAK and ARC archives all the way back to when Dallas was working for them and Peter actually owned ARC.
Who knows who is right or wrong- one can only speculate from past actions or lack there of. Good work on your Menards 2AA Review- I just read it and you did a great job.Menard's Guidesman 2AA 70 lumen 2-pack review

Last edited:

aramid

Newly Enlightened
Good work on your Menards 2AA Review- I just read it and you did a great job.Menard's Guidesman 2AA 70 lumen 2-pack review
Thanks!

My apologies to everyone for sidetracking the thread like this. Carry on.

carrot

Flashaholic
Hire me! I'll work for lights! (Well, I could use money, but lights are good too!)

An example of my work can be provided upon request.

ironhorse

Enlightened
You are holding a PHONE in your hand, the BEST way to contact Peak, and you are using that tiny screen for...
Oh, the irony.

But I just want to browse and see what they have to offer. So I call and say tell me every light you make and the features and specs......yea right.

jupello

Enlightened
I think peak's site looks pretty decent, but it could use lots of updating, rearranging and more information.. and maybe the menu could be done without flash :)

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just havin a little fun ironhorse, while pointing out the best way to deal with them. I agree that their website isn't what it should be. With all of their options on each light - beam width, power level, body style, body material, it would be more difficult to get a good site working, but the one they have is lacking. What the site lacks, their products make up for.

ironhorse

Enlightened
I was just havin a little fun ironhorse, while pointing out the best way to deal with them. I agree that their website isn't what it should be. With all of their options on each light - beam width, power level, body style, body material, it would be more difficult to get a good site working, but the one they have is lacking. What the site lacks, their products make up for.

No problem.

I see enough people having good things to say about peaks and not knowing what I want without being able to easily look at and compare models is just so frustrating.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something as simple as 4sevens site would be great.
I just want to be able to tell the difference between similar looking models and have a runtime graph for each "level"