• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML Drop In Run 6 Sale Thread NEW PILL AND REFLECTOR AVAILABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
Newb alert here.

I am looking for a nice P60 drop in for my Surefire C2 (bored 18650) I will probably be running mostly 1x18650, while ocassionaly using 2xcr123. Basically, what is the highest lumen output with the most throw I can safely go? Do I need to stick to 2.8a? What do I need to go to get to 4.2a safely? Thanks in advance.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Newb alert here.

I am looking for a nice P60 drop in for my Surefire C2 (bored 18650) I will probably be running mostly 1x18650, while ocassionaly using 2xcr123. Basically, what is the highest lumen output with the most throw I can safely go? Do I need to stick to 2.8a? What do I need to go to get to 4.2a safely? Thanks in advance.

2*Cr123A can handle 2A max. However running 3.5A on 18650 is a nice blend of power for 18650 on High and the medium at about 1-1.2A would be ideal for 2*CR123A. You may also run High on CR123A but you must limit to short bursts only. I would say keep it under 30seconds for safety.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I also want to remind everyone one that Neutral and Warm XMLs typically worked better with OP reflectors than the Cool white due to the more pronounce donut hole effect with warmer tint LEDs. At least this is my experience.

If you are using your light mostly outdoor then it really doesnt matter which reflector you pick. Its only mostly aginst a white wall that would see a difference.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML Drop In Run 6 Sale Thread

I have some new very nice WARM Tint XML LEDs in if anyone is interested! The tint is very similar to an incandescent or Hi CRI light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

All new paid orders shipped

ninja_911

Newly Enlightened

1 x cool white XML-U2 :
- multi mode low voltage
- 4,2A
- Low-Medium-High with memory
- SMO Reflector
= 45$

paypal sent
Transaction ID # 65C86939UY187534E

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks!

1 x cool white XML-U2 :
- multi mode low voltage
- 4,2A
- Low-Medium-High with memory
- SMO Reflector
= 45$

paypal sent
Transaction ID # 65C86939UY187534E

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Payment sent for;

XM-L T6
Neutral 5,000K
1-mode, high current, medium voltage
4.2A
Smooth reflector

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my drop-in today and had the chance to test it out. I must say that I'm quite impressed. According to ceiling bounce test, the 4.2A configuration puts out just as much light as my TN11 running on 2xRCR123A. That's, like, 900+ OTF lumens.

Throw is, obviously, less compared to TN11, but the drop-in compensates by having a spot size that is ~40% larger than TN11's. I don't have a luxmeter, but I figure it's doing around 9,000~10,000 lux.

I'm happy to say that my C2 with Cyros cooling head has finally found a nice drop-in to be the host of. I've been running other drop-ins that don't have as high drive current as the one I just got, so it was sad to see the excess heat dissipation capability of the light go to waste. Also, this is the first time I've personally invested in a neutral tint emitter, and I think I'm hooked. I guess I'm going to become a tinthead from this point.

All in all, the C2 with this drop-in will make a perfect high-powered floody companion to the DEFT-edc that I will soon be getting.

Good job, Vinh, and thanks!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am glad you like yours! The XML-U2 Cool White is quite a bit brighter though! :)

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Questions: Just got put on to this thread. I'm looking at getting a Solarforce L2T with clip, stainless steel bezel, and S9 switch, and putting your 2.7-4.5v , U2 cool white XML, 380mA-5,840mA, moonlight, medium, high, moonlight, medium, high, strobe, blink, SOS, beacon, no memory, and thermal injection in it, powered by an AW 18650 battery. Do see any problems with this? I could put the A001 head on for better heat dissipation if need be, but I like the looks of the L2T head better. Should I get the McClicky and have you put it in (I don't know if you have looked at the S9 switch, so I'm aware you might not know about this particular switch)? Also, with that set up, any idea what the output would be on the moonlight level? Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest you pushing the U2 to 3.85A for near max brightness possible. I have not seen an S9 switch but if it currently has a clicky in it then swapping in a McClicky would be easy. 18650 is the best choice for all of my drop ins. An A001 head will not help much. I use a regular head and the light transfer heat and function perfectly. Just mak esure you wrap the drop in so tightly that you will need a large pliers to pull them out. :)

Questions: Just got put on to this thread. I'm looking at getting a Solarforce L2T with clip, stainless steel bezel, and S9 switch, and putting your 2.7-4.5v , U2 cool white XML, 380mA-5,840mA, moonlight, medium, high, moonlight, medium, high, strobe, blink, SOS, beacon, no memory, and thermal injection in it, powered by an AW 18650 battery. Do see any problems with this? I could put the A001 head on for better heat dissipation if need be, but I like the looks of the L2T head better. Should I get the McClicky and have you put it in (I don't know if you have looked at the S9 switch, so I'm aware you might not know about this particular switch)? Also, with that set up, any idea what the output would be on the moonlight level? Thanks!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest you pushing the U2 to 3.85A for near max brightness possible. I have not seen an S9 switch but if it currently has a clicky in it then swapping in a McClicky would be easy. 18650 is the best choice for all of my drop ins. An A001 head will not help much. I use a regular head and the light transfer heat and function perfectly. Just mak esure you wrap the drop in so tightly that you will need a large pliers to pull them out. :)
Thanks for the quick reply. Why do you suggest running at 3.85A instead of 4.2A (I'm sure you are right, but would still like to know)? What would be the approximate OTF lumens at 3.85A? Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply. Why do you suggest running at 3.85A instead of 4.2A (I'm sure you are right, but would still like to know)? What would be the approximate OTF lumens at 3.85A? Thanks.

The XML-T6 Cool White makes 980 Lumen at 3.85A and 996 Lumen at 4.2A. XML-U2 Cool white has a lumen increase of about 7-15% compared to a T6 bin. But eitherway the increase in lumen will not be notice by your eyes. The reduction in heat and wasted energy is not worth it. :)

I would guesstimate the XML-U2 making 900 lumen at 3A and 1100 lumen at 4.2A with GREAT heat sinking. Honestly, you can't really tell the difference between 900 and 1100 lumen unless they are side by side but somehow it's just stimulating to know you have it as bright as possible! LOL I am darn lumen freak and I can't help it.

The regular Veyron makes 1000HP while the grand sport makes 1200HP; Just 200 more for a lot more money! It is worth it? Can the difference in power be notice by rich drivers? I would say probably not. But just knowing my veyron is faster than your veyron is probably all that matters. :) Sorry for going way off subject.

But yeah! 3.85A is a good current choice! hahahah

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XML-T6 Cool White makes 980 Lumen at 3.85A and 996 Lumen at 4.2A. XML-U2 Cool white has a lumen increase of about 7-15% compared to a T6 bin. But eitherway the increase in lumen will not be notice by your eyes. The reduction in heat and wasted energy is not worth it. :)

I would guesstimate the XML-U2 making 900 lumen at 3A and 1100 lumen at 4.2A with GREAT heat sinking. Honestly, you can't really tell the difference between 900 and 1100 lumen unless they are side by side but somehow it's just stimulating to know you have it as bright as possible! LOL I am darn lumen freak and I can't help it.

The regular Veyron makes 1000HP while the grand sport makes 1200HP; Just 200 more for a lot more money! It is worth it? Can the difference in power be notice by rich drivers? I would say probably not. But just knowing my veyron is faster than your veyron is probably all that matters. :) Sorry for going way off subject.

But yeah! 3.85A is a good current choice! hahahah
LOL. Yeah baby! Makes sense. As long as I can say it's pushing over 1,000 lumens I'm good hehe, and it sounds like the U2 at 3.85A will do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.