• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 How To Wrap A P60 Drop In

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just spent 1 hour making a video on how to build a a P60 drop in and modding tips but it was just too hard. Way too many details and I keep on messing up. :-( I guess I give up.

houtex

Enlightened
Please don't give up. really curious on how you best apply your thermal paste or fill with solder.

But of course I understand if you don't want to give up your secrets.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I broke a sweat when I saw the tip of the blade inches away from your chest when you jammed the drop-in in.

write2dgray

Enlightened
Thanks for the video - very helpful to see illustrated and you are quite good on camera. Give it some time, it gets much easier quick :).

Also, get some simple video editing software to enable cutting and splicing of scenes. The ability to do separate "takes" for each segment and then combine makes the process MUCH easier, and the results better as well.

Thanks again and best wishes!

Kamerat

Enlightened
Helpful! I finally managed to tighten the bezel on my 6P all the way down with my Nailbender dropin. Thanks!

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
old thread, but I have something to add too.

I came up with a method just like vins, didn't know that he made a tutorial video. I do have one thing to add that I have found helps to fit more foil in, and the more foil you fit in, the less air you are stuffing in there too. Before wrapping the foil around the drop-in, I flatten out all the wrinkles. Some wrinkles form when rolling it, almost unavoidable, but I found that I could wrap a few more full wraps of foil by flattening it beforehand. To flatten it, I use the convex surface of my fingernail, or similar gently curved surface, to avoid snags and help push the wrinkles downwards. This is done after doing the long folds to get the strip of foil to the right width.

Thanks, Vin, for the great tutorial, it should be more widely known!

revilo951

Newly Enlightened
I am going to do a Video called "Tips on how to build a P60 Drop in" I will discuss the basics involved. I am sure the info is all over CPF already but I guess it's sometime easier watching a video instead.

Did you ever end up doing this? It would be really interesting! Unless you don't want to give your secrets away! :sssh:

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
My mistake. I misread the section you quoted. Probably an email to vinh is in order.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Did you ever end up doing this? It would be really interesting! Unless you don't want to give your secrets away! :sssh:

There are no secrets. I am just more lazy to make video than anything. I stumble a lot on videos.

bkb

Newly Enlightened
Just got into the p60 thing a few months ago and I already have several different flavors of them. I wrapped a couple of them with aluminum can strips a couple of weeks ago. Watching this video made me realize that I wrapped them way too loosely. I didn't realize you could put that much pressure on them to push them in without breaking it. Guess i'll be re-wrapping them as soon as I get a chance to. Thanks Vin.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Was thinking of bumping this the other day for all new people into P60 including me.I do have a question though, how do you REMOVE a P60 from the host?Any Point in using copper foil if you have it or not? I know ally is good as everyone happens to have it in the kitchen but just wondering from a performance point of view.Video is still very useful even after all this time, do you still recommend doing it this way, or have you changed your opinion about anything in the video.