Wall switch for a ceiling pull cord light fixture

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
I upgraded a pull cord light fixture in our basement to a remote control light socket and wall switch by Dewenwils, and it works great and I even removed the pull cord chain. The switch has good range (claims 80 feet) so I can mount it at the top of the stairs and it works through the walls. I got the 1 switch to 1 socket (HRLS11B). But wish I had gotten the 1 to 2 sockets for a second light. You just screw in the socket to your existing socket, and the the bulb and it works. The switch has a small battery. Cost was $19. It extends the bulb out 2.3 inches so consider you clearance.
1629380582708.jpeg

1629379578999.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting product. The closest I've played around with is wireless wall switch but the light end is battery powered. Are the wall switches and sockets uniquely paired, or can you set them up somehow?

I like opening things up to look inside, not everyone does. I'd probably have looked inside the switch, but not to socket itself given its construction, and for safety reasons; guessing it probably operates at 315MHz.

Dave

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
Good question, and when I read reviews, which were really good, there were some comments about switches pairing with sockets, so it is something to consider. The manufacturer's web site has information on it. The easiest thing to do is buy one switch with as many sockets as you need in the package.

We have been using it a week now and really like the convenience- should have gotten it a long time ago.

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
Update - Had another pull chain light that stopped working so I bought another one of these and again it works great. I was wondering if both lights would work off the same switch, and they don't but we didn't want them to do that.