Wanted: pouch/holster for Motorola V3 Razr

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
2 days ago, my trusty old Sony Ericsson T630 finally quit on me. A desperate attempt to revive my daily companion failed. It always sucks when you're forced to replace a piece of your EDC.
But the phone is dead, long live the phone! A new phone has been ordered, nothing fancy, just a Motorola V3 Razr, as it was the cheapest phone with bluetooth & no simlock I could find.
But as I'm a bit scared to scratch up the metal body by carrying it in my pocket with a bunch of other junk, I want to give carrying it on my belt a try.

So now I'm looking for a decent, black holster or pouch. All they sell here is the flimsy fashion holster kind, or the extremely expensive business-executive kind of thing. But I'm looking for a simple, functional and very durable kind of thing. I like the Countycomm pouch, but they don't ship overseas. Maxpedition CP-S might do the trick too, but the phone is a little too exposed in that.

Any suggestions?

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
The OEM Motorola Leather holster works pretty well.... The one that has a magnetic leather flap to cover the opening.

It's very thin and stylish. It used to come with the phone, when the Razr just came out more than a year ago for $800US.........

The holster should go for about $30 now.........

brightb

Newly Enlightened
If you are an ebay'er enter uniquemobile2 in a search under sellers. They have very good v3 cases in different configurations. I have two and have now started giving them as gifts. These are not available in stores.

wmirag

Enlightened
I just broke my second plastic RazR cell holder in three weeks time. I don't like the leather ones because the leather stays with the phone when you use it and it gets in the way. The leather ones also require you to de-clip from your belt to use them.

I *just* found a small, strong, comfortable, attractive, and VERY useable cell phone holder -- all of those features for $12.

I chose the Belt Loop model because I hate the way the clips dig into my side when I'm driving. The belt loop is ingeniously designed to be absolutely secure while being able to go on and off without removing your belt. It's too hard to explain HOW without a picture of the back which I don't have.

It fits my RazR nice and snug and will probably fit most phones. It would be too small for PDA's. I got mine in a running store after trying Verizon, The Swiss Store, and a camping store. So this really is the best of these items in my humble opinion.

W.

http://www.fuelbelt.com/lifestyle.html

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave up on holsters for mine, and have been carrying it in a front pocket for over a year now. The Razr really is not metal, it is plastic like all others but with a metallic type looking paint on it. So far on mine, only the corners show any signs of wear.

felder

Newly Enlightened
I use this case:

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productID=1836&category=6

I really like these cases because they have a system that allows you to attach a lot of different types of clips. The cases are also tailored specifically for the phone. The phone fits perfect, and in the case of flip phones they use elastic so the case doesn't deform when the phone is opened and closed.

StuToffee

Newly Enlightened
I actually use the nylon pouch that you can buy for a Leatherman Wave.

It has an elatic pocket on either side, effectively a double layer of elastic, so I cut away the inner piece to "loosen" the pouch a little & although the phone is a snug fit, it holds well & doesnt look out of place on your belt. I work in a suit & wear jeans or bdu trousers out of work & it looks fine on either. Theres a pic of the pouch here with some of my other EDC items

DSC01915.jpg