Warm white diffusion film available?

adept1

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Recently I got some really gorgeous, shallow depth recessed LED spots for my new house. The smaller sized ones were available in warm white, but the matching larger ones are only available in cooler white. Despite my preference for warm white I bought them anyway.

I was thinking of putting a diffusion film on the larger ones to get them down to about 3000k. Is something like this available, and if so, where? I don't mind the light output being diminished because they are already very bright.

Thanks to anyone who can advise!

Newuser01

Enlightened
Look for "Color Gels & Filters" Where stage lights uses these for effects. Flashlight users have been using them and to some what success. You will have to find the right colors to get the light's temp you need but start by ordering sample pack and trying.
For example, I tried using (trimmed) colored plastic binders to defuse and put a bit of tints over LED's in car use where LED are too bright and need to tone it down and give it some ambiance!! For AMBIANCE! if you know what I mean.

There is 2 options for you. Try and see..

Regards.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that! I had a look at Lee's filters and it looks like I should be able to find something as some are designed for exactly this purpose of converting one type of light to another.