• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of SunDrop and SunDrop XR-U

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the mule would be bright enough, unless you are cooking in low light. I have used a mule at a campfire cookout, and the wide beam worked great for illuminating the food table! Plus with a High CRI LED, all the food looks good enough to eat!:)

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive been on the fence over the sundrop for a very long time. my use will be primarily for outdoor cooking. what made you go with the sundrop over the mule?

No question on this one. Go for a Sundrop XRU with a Nichia LED and Hive. Provides the most useable light for general tasks like cooking.

eala

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after you get it, AWTYD ....

I have had both, and find them rather different.

The N119 is my favorite, however :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Just ordered a SunDrop XR-U with the 119V High CRI. Per Don, it's much brighter and has better color rendition that the 083's.

I got the 3S which will let me use either standard or RCR. It's in the mail so I'll let you know but I'm positive I will love it!
There's very little chance that you won't love it!

ibcj

Enlightened
Just ordered a SunDrop XR-U with the 119V High CRI. Per Don, it's much brighter and has better color rendition that the 083's.

Any chance for a photo of the beam output ? I'm curious how the 119V led plays with the XR-U lens. I do miss my XR-U with the 083.:wave:

D0716C4C-5F33-4D17-8934-BF6C23EAA89B_zpsrhnml294.jpg

C1D4B0B7-A5BA-4F0F-8AF9-B99BF7EEB515_zpsswbbykmn.jpg

Ceiling basement beam shot, not from a perfect angle, from about six feet:
9066721B-C9DA-41CB-B9B6-E1B1D65CC1A5_zps0uxpbb6d.jpg

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it basically makes it look like a narrow TIR optic or Zoomed out aspheric then?

Or if your familiar with the old LiteFlux LF3XT beam with its deep reflector.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Found it! No idea why it ended up where it did, it certainly wasn't a case of "let me put it somewhere safe", more likely I just needed to get it out of the way real quick and then I forgot about it, but I definitely put it there intentionally because there's no way it could've fallen neatly into the spot I found it.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sundroppers... pardon the noob question: what is your favored/preferred battery type for the XR-U? primaries or rechargeables? :sssh:

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Found it! No idea why it ended up where it did, it certainly wasn't a case of "let me put it somewhere safe", more likely I just needed to get it out of the way real quick and then I forgot about it, but I definitely put it there intentionally because there's no way it could've fallen neatly into the spot I found it.
Thank God you secured it, greatfully relived.