What is the brightest 2AA flashlight?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Definitely Fenix (back then), and Streamlight. But the Wolf-eyes I had didn't come close to any of the SureFire models in my collection. With the exception of the incandescent SF G2 model.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have three Surefire lights. All were top quality but none of them would take a rechargeable battery. They were all CR123. I got rid of all three and have not looked at any of their lights in years.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I used to have three Surefire lights. All were top quality but none of them would take a rechargeable battery. They were all CR123. I got rid of all three and have not looked at any of their lights in years.
Fair enough. Though that one factor has nothing to do with overall quality. Also, you should take a look at them again. SureFire has embraced rechargeable technology.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You can use 3.7 cells and a Lumens Factory drop-in. I do with Pelican but you could easily do the same with SF.
Or just use SureFire branded 3.0v RCR123a cells as a great rechargeable option. Watson makes such cells too. Though I'm not completely impressed with the performance of those.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the "2AA" lights these days really require 14500's for brightness. With 2AA's you're likely to get less than half the potential out of these lights unfortunately. Cheap circuits, and cheap engineering these days. Just get as many as possible out the door to buyers now seems to be the current marketing philosophy. And charge Surefire prices.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my current brightness king for 2AA lights and I guess I will stick with it for the time being. I do not know if it puts what it claims on two AA's, but it is brighter than my others. It also claims 1500 lumens on 2 14500's. It is the Manker T02.

3__12072.1534843437.480.480.jpg

Specification & Features:
Emitter: CREE XHP35 HD
Maximum output:1500 lumens
Maximum beam intensity: 11200cd,
Maximum beam distance :211 meters.
Working voltage: 1. 5 - 3. 4V 5. 4 - 8.8V (over discharge protection)
Driver: Most efficiency constant current circuit
Material: Aircraft-grade aluminum body
Surface treatment: Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
Water proof: IPX-8 (2 meter under water)
Impact resistance: 2 meters
Tail stand
Length: 105mm
Weight: 107g (without battery)
Accessories: O-ring *1
Brightness levels & runtime: (Power By 2x AA batteries)
Moonlight: 2lm 76hrs,
Low: 50lm 13.5hrs,
Medium: 180lm 5hrs,
High: 325lm 3hrs,
Turbo: 800lm 2.8hrs,
Strobe: 800lm
Brightness levels & runtime: (Power By 2x IMR14500 batteries)
Moonlight: 3lm 75hrs,
Low: 153lm 5hrs,
Medium: 477lm 2hrs,
High: 850lm 1.2hrs,
Turbo: 1500lm 1hrs,
Strobe: 1500lm

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fair enough. Though that one factor has nothing to do with overall quality. Also, you should take a look at them again. SureFire has embraced rechargeable technology.
Oh yes, I know! That is just a matter of how Surefire wanted to design their lights. I just lost my taste for CR123's. I will take a look at the current models, thanks!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or just use SureFire branded 3.0v RCR123a cells as a great rechargeable option. Watson makes such cells too. Though I'm not completely impressed with the performance of those.
I am going to look at some of their current lights, but do you know of any that take 18650's??

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I am going to look at some of their current lights, but do you know of any that take 18650's??
In terms of their newer lights, there's the following:
P1R Peacekeeper
EDC2-DFT
P1RZ-B-DFT
P1RZ-lB-DF
Fury IntelliBeam Dual Fuel
Fury Dual Fuel tactical

*Just a heads up, I think a couple of those models might require a proprietary SureFire 18650 battery. While the rest can use an ordinary one; along with two CR123 cells as well.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot how expensive most Surefire lights were. Most of them are beyond my reach budget wise unfortunately. They seem to be designed more for the military then personal use. I liked the looks of the yellow G2X but it was CR123 only. It looks a lot like the one I had years ago that I purchased at Lowes Hardware except it has a polymer body. The Stiletto was pretty cool but it looks like the battery is built in and for the most part I stay away from lights like that. I guess for now I will just stick with what I have and keep playing with my new Convoy lights! :)

Squashracquets

Newly Enlightened
lol....I think you are off your meds! ;):ROFLMAO: Anyhow, I already have a Streamlight 2AA light and it may be a SL Jr. It is probably 15 years old also and it in a box somewhere with my other antique lights! I am looking for one that is more in line with the current times, you know, 2024!! :D
If you want to get in line with current technology why are you messing with 2 AAs? The size difference between those and some single 18650 rechargeables is negligible IMHO.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to get in line with current technology why are you messing with 2 AAs? The size difference between those and some single 18650 rechargeables is negligible IMHO.
I agree with you! I have a Wowtec A6 18650 light in my pocket all the time at work. It will outshine and outrun any AA light made. It is about the same size as a lot of the older single AA lights I used to carry but they started making those lights too tiny and I have larger hands. The smaller 18650 lights also can be charged anywhere via USB. I have a bought a few single AA lights over the last few months but that is because I got them for silly low prices on Amazon, and a few of them are being made a little larger like the old ones. The Acebeam TACAA is a great example. I was just curious for the most part if anything had changed in the 2AA world but not much has. They are still great lights if you want a light that can take easy to find cells.

Returning to the original quest for potent AA lights, I recommend that you consider the the Lumintop PK25. It's not the lumen output per se that is this light's selling point (350 lumens max on 2xAA cells), rather it's the light's candela that makes it worthy of serious consideration (60,000 candela).