What jobs do people do that they need to EDC flashlights?

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work at a hydro dam (electrician)and having a flashlight is required. From looking at wiring to inspecting the dam structure and unit turbines, and for room clearing/extermination of resident brown recluses. It gets used everyday.
c1469ec5c09d87de52b62b9554f84b26.jpg

x2cross

Newly Enlightened
Current light is a Surefire M3 Combatlight with LumensFactory XPL bulb that I use as a correctional officer. It's about to be replaced with a Nitecore MT40GT that's on the way though.
29930209021_7bc16dabb8_b.jpg

Last edited:

Samlittle

Enlightened
Knives and flashlights always have a purpose and a need comes up most every day for each. Cabinet installations and remodeling work give me good reasons to EDC each. The lights - a Nitecore EC11 and a Solarforce L2T. The knives (these days) a custom Puukko and an awesome Herucus Blomerus front flipper. I smile every time I use any of these. The EC11 is a crowd pleaser :).

Laentheman

Newly Enlightened
I work as a forklift mechanic and the flashlight is an essential part of My EDC. I use My flashlight a couple of hours everyday!

ven

Flashaholic
Current light is a Surefire M3 Combatlight with LumensFactory XPL bulb that I use as a correctional officer. It's about to be replaced with a Nitecore MT40GT that's on the way though.
29930209021_7bc16dabb8_b.jpg

Love it!!!!! stunning light, i need one of those, dont replace it please:)

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, must say that I too use my light mostly for my fatherly duties, checking up on the kids during the evening and night. Wife hates normal bedside lamps, so I also get the opportunity :) to use lights to read before falling asleep. Understandably, I need sub-lumen modes. Often end up using a zebra light or a peak eiger. Looking forward to receive the pre-ordered Reylight with 0,2 lumen as first mode.
What is this Reylight for preorder you speak of?

wle

Newly Enlightened
"retired" - meaning fixing everything around the house 24/7, meaning 24/7C :)

wle

LedTed

Enlightened
I work in the medical device industry. I use my ever present light, currently a HDS EDC Rotary 325, for visual inspection. I specifically use my flashlight for: objective (task) lighting, subjective (back) lighting, low angle (inspection), as a pointer (area identification), and in water baths as a better light source than over head room lighting - to avoid surface glare at the air / water interface. But, never background (incidental) lighting - light pollution. And, once as rescue ("temporary emergency") lighting when some jokester purposefully turned of the bathroom lights.