What old light would you like to see remade/updated?

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
It was similair...it was basically an oblong shape with rounded edges...the head was the same dimension as the body, I had one when I was kid, it just slipped into the pocket, really neat little light.

Probably was the earlier Mallory version of the Durabeam.

At some point in time Duracell and Mallory merged, and Duracell took over making Mallory lights.

The original Mallory version was a little sleeker than the later Duracell versions, and slipped into a pocket very nicely. The original version had a rotary switch. Later versions had rocker switches and then slide switches.

All of them were great little lights. Very durable and reliable considering their inexpensive prices.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
I'm sure one will be along in the next year or so, but a nice Cree based light in a poly 4xAA form factor with a soft clickie such as the UK eLED. But I'd want it to be just as dim as before, but with a lot longer runtime and hopefully more consistant LED tint.

That would be awesome, as the runtime on the UK 4AA eLED is already outrageous. So long as they don't screw up the wonderful spill - that wide spillbeam is what makes this light one of my favorites.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Dorcy 3D super 1W (newer body design) with a simple buck regulator (instead of a resistor) and a Seoul. Same 1W, 30+ hours regulated runtime. with hundreds hours diminishing after that.

Meduza

Enlightened
one of those slim 2c with slide switch, but instead of the pathetic incan bulb and plastic reflector i want a Cree XR-E with cree 8 degree optics!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
ringzero, I'm pretty sure it was an Ever-Ready (I live in the UK, don't think I'm familiar with "durabeam"). On further reflection, the entire side slid off to replace the batteries.

Anyways, as we both remember, these side by side 2xAA lights were sleek little creatures...as a 9 year old boy I was prepared for anything with that torch and my trusty S.A.K. - I would love to see a modern LED version.
smile.gif

CFU