What The Hell Is That?!

Every once in a while we all come across something we have no idea what it is or what it's for.

Well, now we have a place where we can post a picture and ask - "What the hell is that?!"

I'll start -
IMG_5148.JPG

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I also wanted to say some sort of specialized Blacksmith, maybe Bladesmith, tongs. Weight on the end to really help clamp down on whatever was being worked on.... But yeah, never would have guessed its intended purpose. 😮

I also wanted to say some sort of specialized Blacksmith, maybe Bladesmith, tongs. Weight on the end to really help clamp down on whatever was being worked on.... But yeah, never would have guessed its intended purpose. 😮
Those are blacksmith tongs. Once red hot they're used during castration of farm animals to cauterize after the snipping. Ouch!
:( ..... Glad I didn't put my lips on them. 😁

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought those things were banned by the Geneva Convention as a torture device. That's a P.O.W. Nose Stretcher. You use it to clamp down on a prisoner of war's nose during an interrogation. The carabiner is clipped to a truck. Every time the prisoner lies, the guy in the truck steps on the gas a little. If the prisoner doesn't tell the truth, they walk away looking like Pinocchio.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inserted into a cow or bull's nostrils and cinched tight, this is used to control the animal. Could be used to treat an injury on the head. Bulls can be very uncooperative, as can cows. I've seen them used and implore compassion on anyone using such.